Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Favorite Music (remake from Say…)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Adera
    Participant

Oh, I like that song its really good.

I was just listening to a Swedish singer called Veronica Maggio and I stumbled over the information that her song “Stopp” was about Freddy Krueger's emotional childhood problems… lol. I could probably have figured that out if I had seen the video earlier I guess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjMPR3FSCc

TightFit74
    Participant

Maybe someone can help me with a title of a song. I listened to it maybe 20 years ago, an old record i got from a friend. Only thing I still have in my mind are the fist 2 lines and the singer. I beleieve he is called John Mclean (?), the sentences i remember are:
    “two brothers, promised they'd return,
    after the war that thye were fightingis was over”

Does ayone know this song?

Ardeur
    Participant

:-* :-* :-* :-* Honestly Love, just wasn't sure. with musicians using dollar signs for the letter S a typo can make a profound difference, and yes singers can get me too.

Which leads me to state (repeat) Evanesence and Within Temptation.

Within Temptation has been an old favorite of mine, although their newer albums don't really do it for me anymore. Maybe their latest has some promise, I haven't heard it yet. Expanding on one of our(dutch) proudest national products, I like (late, as they stopped)After Forever and Epica as well and I am sorry to say that they outperform the live-set of Evanescence that I've seen on every occasion I've seen them. With that out of the way, Evanescence's studiowork is pretty solid.

Going two ways from the type of music mentioned earlier, I like Midnattsol(softer) and Arch Enemy(harder) as well and Kittie(Canadian all-girl rockband) has a special place in my heart too.

Bear
    Participant

@ Tight…
    I think you mean Don McClean….not John…
    “Oh what a shame”  might be the tune you are looking for….wow,..had to jump through the time warp on that one

Lover
    Participant

Tight, it's “Oh My What A Shame” vrom Don McLean, look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ExaSuSQZWI

Like Bear said, a big time warp back…

Bear
    Participant

@Lover Thanks,… I was close,…but those grey cells were hit pretty hard back then…lucky and survived

Lover
    Participant

@Bear: You were very close. To forget one single word after all these years… at least you showed the right path to find the video!

TightFit74
    Participant

I owe you guys big time!!! Been trying to find this song for years… Will cry my eyes out tonight

TightFit74
    Participant

@ Bear & Lover: Can't thank you enough.. This song having such impact on me. Still has, after not listening to it for years.. *takes off hat and bows deep*

Thank you

alstott
    Participant

One of my favourite songs is- If i go i`m goin`from Gregory Alan Isakov this is just a f***in good Song , sorry but this overwhelmed me :'(

alstott
    Participant

I know this topic is a kinda` dead but i heard a song today and i want it to share with all it`s from christina perri-arms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvbErM6ZTBA&feature=autoplay&list=PL28659764BFC6FF2C&index=29&playnext=1

enjoy it guys!

Janine Dee
    Participant

“Van Helsing's Curse” cd “Occulus Infernum” Dee Snider doing for Halloween what the TransSiberian Orchestra did for Christmas… just the thing for this week leading in.

Bear
    Participant

Good find… they certainly have  TransSiberian  quality to them.
    Actually been listening to a lot of Nox Arcana this month. Their albums are very themed, primarily instrumental, but I noted some rather dark sensual cuts that tickle the imagination.
    Midnight Syndicate is another group doing some dark gothic type instrumentals

Rukya
    Participant

me , my facorites songs comes from Evanescence i really love them . And some hard rock slows too like the song of movie Armaggedon . And muse too , the guy have a great voice 

Janine Dee
    Participant

Two bands I would recommend if you like Evanessence are Nightwish (they've had two singers, but both are amazing) and Within Temptation.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.