Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Janine Dee
    Participant

Oh sweetie *patting that hung head* if you're going to watch 80's movies you need to watch the comedies. Today's comedies just aren't as funny  as the ones where Williams, Ackroyd, Hanks, Murray or Chase were in their prime.

Now it seems like as soon as some Saturday Night Live looser comes up with a single winning skit they get a movie deal… back then they had to have some actual talent.

Bear
    Participant

Janine you're right Ozzy needs to retire,  if he didn't have that commercial tie in with reality tv one wonders what his draw would be.

Carli, I liked the groups you suggested,…

Sinnnn, Butlers links were awesome,…finger work amazing, …wonder if he wears acrylics on the strumming hand since those fingernails were very long.

If anyone has a deep interest in music,…looking into the works of Leonard Cohen would be a recommendation. he's a poet/lyrist around since the 60's and very influential to the foundation of rock and roll, and amazingly some current hits. A voice like some one singing with gravel their mouth, but this suggestion is oriented towards those an interest in the evolution of a body of work, not just an individual song, deeply erotic on some levels.

Janine Dee
    Participant

Please don't get me wrong. I love Ozzy, I'm one of those generational Ozzy fans, and that would be part of his allure because I know I'm not the only one to find Ozzy in their parents record collection, but comparing what I found then to what he's putting out now… some like Ronnie James Dio burned cooler, but burned longer.

Ozzy's burned hot, and bright, and he's burned out. His age combined with his drug use… I mean there was a commercial for this cellphone that had him on it because he's so incomprehensible while speaking.

I know that on his tour with Rob Zombie he had a team of sound engineers because it sounded like a couple hundred Ozzy's were coming out of the speakers, and that's apparently the only way he can tour. His normal voice is so shot.

Yet with all that in mind he's putting out ANOTHER album. Now “Black Rain” wasn't awful damn well wasn't Blizzard of Oz either, and I can't see “Scream” getting that lightening back in the bottle.

Instead it will just try to milk his popularity for one more album, one more Oz fest, just one more, until the fans say no more, and that LEGACY dies.

Yes Ozzy will always be remembered, but at this rate it won't be as one of the Metal Gods like Ronnie, but as a has been touring  reality tv like Bret Michaels.

Carli
    Participant

Glad you liked them, Bear

It's kind of my business to know, so I keep a safe distance from this topic, because once I'm really getting into it there's no stopping me

Janine Dee
    Participant

Carli, darling, I'm sure I speak for everyone on this board when I say we welcome your passion.

sinnnn
    Participant

Bat for Lashes, lovem. 

himmi
    Participant
    Janine Dee
    Participant

Ohhh Honey… if you like Rammstein have you heard the mixes a Russian DJ made of them and Tatu?

http://www.maffin.ru/english/mix/tr.htm

AZNLoverV
    Participant

It would be nice to share your music with your other partner(s) in the same room.

mikki
    Participant

Janine, thanks for the heads up on Halestorm. great band, great addition to my metal collection.

Janine Dee
    Participant

Any song with the lyrics “It seems like the love we make is just as good when you're away.” has to be mentioned in a music discussion on a cybersex game. 

Anonymous

On that topic Janine, how about the one titled “I think of me when I touch yourself”?
    I know it's a cruel thing to say, but I still find the name funny. This is in no way directed to you or anyone in here. Just wanted to make that clear.

sinnnn
    Participant

How bout Vast, the Verve, Static-X, Sigur Ros, Solange,  Lifehouse, Karnivool, Goyte,  Dry Cell, Deftones, Cog, The Black Keys, Black Lab and of course Alicia Keys.

Got carried away, but I love music. 

AZNLoverV
    Participant

did you mean “when i think about you I touch myself” or is there an alternative song/lyric??

Janine Dee
    Participant

I was wondering that myself AZN. I AM familiar with the Divynls song and I've heard of two covers, but they seemed to stay true to the lyrics.

And Sinnnn I've heard of some of those, but the one I've listened to with any regularity is Static-X, but I prefer Wayne with Linkin Park.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.