Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It's another song. I like the other one too, it's a classic. Both are fitting this setting I suppose, whereas the one I mentioned was used (by the band and by me) to cause some confusion. Seems to have worked just fine.

Janine Dee
    Participant

Is there a link Bouli?

Anonymous

Can't seem to find it, no. But it's not really one of their better songs anyway. I just like the title.
    It's by a French band named Tamtrum. They're playing electronic music which used to be a lot harder and darker before this last album.

Most of their titles are quite provocative, so they stick to mind.

So yea, I'm into electronic music, ranging from electropop, over synthpop, industrial and up to things bordering on noise and techno. (EBM being my favourite genre for those familiar with the subgenres.)
    I also enjoy 80's music along with the rest of the crowd posting in here as well as early 90's for nostalgia. Used to be a metal fan, so I do have some old favourites from that time as well along with some rock classics.

Janine Dee
    Participant

I can like a synthesizer, but it must be an angry/suffering synthesizer like a Rammstein or KMFDM. Which I suppose is connecting back more to metal then techno.

sinnnn
    Participant

Lil Wayne, T.I.,  Nuttin But Stringz, Pink, Rascal Flatts, Kidney Thieves, Marilyn Mason, Godhead, Disturb, A tribe Called Quest, Noisettes, Ne-yo, Morris Day and the Times, Modern English, Mary J. Blige, and Busta Ryhmes.  Did I say I love music

Janine Dee
    Participant

Yes sweetie, but what do you like about them? Like with my music choices… 70-80% have edge to them… even aggression at times. It's what I like, and I like it because mellower music tends to leave me feeling they didn't “feel” it. I'm a  passionate woman, and it shows on my MP3 player.

sinnnn
    Participant

I feel the music.  I like to sit in the dark sometimes an just listen to them.  Some music I just love the lyrics, others just the music, and sometimes both.  There are some that has my hips moving before I even realized they are.  Some sends tingles all down my body and I'm thinking thats the shit, right there. 

For example Nuttin But Stringz, I love their violin playing more than their lyrics.  When it comes to rap, I like the music more, it makes me dance.  Now Eminem, some of his lyrics are interesting, but his music has my hips movin left an right.

So when it comes to music, I won't limit myself.  Music to me is like what a perfect wave is to a true surfers.  I have been called a oreo cookie because of the music I listen to.  When I listen to heavy, opera,  etc.  I ask them don't you hear? don't you feel it? 

Well thats the best I can say sweety.  Anyhooo later.

mikki
    Participant

I have to agree with you sinnnn. Each and everything you like will bring something different to the party. Sometimes it's the lyrics speaking to ypur soul, soothing it, or making you think about life. Other times it is just a really good beat that makes you want to get up and move. Or sometimes, just a voice that appeals. I'll listen to anything twice, just in case I was wrong with the first opinion. A lot of music from  the 70's & 80's had a true feeling to it, whereas a lot of music now is just cookie cutter stuff, with no soul, or originality left in it. I'm not saying all nw music is like this. A lot of it is though.

Bear
    Participant

Sinnnn, first time I have heard Rascal Flatts and Marilyn Mason used in the same sentence.

Janine Dee
    Participant

It happened when the record labels stopped finding groups and started making them. You can't make art by committee, but that's how they are now making a sad majority of the music.

Bear
    Participant

Janine you are right about most mellow music, most don't feel. Far easier to display the emotion of anger in music than to show the softer forms of emotion in song. There are gems out there,… few and far between.

KD Langs “Halellujah”
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYiMJ2bC65A

The songwriter on hearing it, remarked, he thought it the best version of his song,… relaying the emotion he wanted and felt when he wrote it. That's the big difference between now and music of the 70'… 80's  and now. Fearless writers/performers laying it out. Not concerned about the marketing image.

Carli
    Participant

In my opinion, singing IS emotion, and I bow deep to all those singers that can lay it down all in a song. One of the best male singers in that respect is still Tom Waits. His first album Closing Time (1973) should be a mandatory piece in every music collection.

From that album, my personal favorite, “I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You”:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5MXGGcIbkI

If someone would sing a song like this for me, I WOULD fall in love

sinnnn
    Participant

Thats one reason why I am a  fan with the 70's an 80's.  Hell its always bout sex an rarely love.  Its about getting revenge than forgiving.  I don't want to listen to music that makes me angry all the time.  I'm no longer a teenager, I don't need to go back in time with those emotions.

Most singers played for the love of it, not the money.  And Halellujah, was one of my fav.  Peace n Love. 

Janine Dee
    Participant

Actually metal fans have been show to be very calm and level on the average as while everyone has those emotions many don't have metal as a release valve. 

sinnnn
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.