Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Janine Dee
    Participant

I honestly don't like Vance, at all, not even that love to hate one would seem to look for in his character. To have someone there as counterpoise to Gibbs they would have to be interesting and have to have Gibbs' respect. Jenny had both, Vance has neither.

Lover
    Participant

I agree 100% to you girls. Vance is superfluous, Jenny was the right character. The former relationship between her and Gibbs made it very interesting.

mikki
    Participant

You're both right of course, Lnce has no true purpose, he's just filler.

sinnnn
    Participant

I like Law an Order SVU an CSI Las V, use to like the New York one.  I do love the new NCIS.  I'm afraid to say anything else, since I have a habit of doing spoilers.

mikki
    Participant

NCIS Los Angeles is a good show, not up tp par with the original. The team dynamic is not there. Too many A types who want to be Lone Wolves. I love Hetty though, you never know what she is going to do next. And she is obsessed with clothes. A woman after my own heart.

Anonymous

X-Files
    SHIELD
    Farscape
    Eureka
    Big Bang Theory
    Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles…Summer Glau yummm
    Gilmore Girls
    to name a few…

sinnnn
    Participant

X-Files was good except for that damn ending.  And the second movie was good for tv not large screen.  Knight Rider, Wonder Woman, The Stuntman, Charles in Charge, Family Ties, I'm talking bout the oldies but goodies.  Will an Grace. 

Anonymous

I didn't mind the ending.

And as hard as it is for me to say this, being the *HUGE* X-Files fan that I am, the second movie sucked.  I did not like it at all.  And you're right, it was like an extended TV episode…but that is what they wanted it to be.  I thought they could have come up with a much more original story line for the movie than they did.

…and you don't even want to know how many times i saw the first movie…

Janine Dee
    Participant

Actually the Sarah Connor Chronicles deserve special mention because they too had a less then stellar ending… it was a cliffhanger when they weren't renewed. I loved Cameron, I still want to know what secrets were carried in her digitally encoded head, and while Sarah was more then a little intense more then a little bit of the time too she was awesome.

The guys however failed to impress me (yeah, yeah I know  ) but seriously though their John Connor becoming someone Skynet would consider a threat? There's a million and one little punks like him found sneering at life down at the food court.

And Uncle Reese? I REALLY liked seeing what happened to him at the last episode… the fact he was played by Brian Austin Green was candy.

A wonderful show that had maybe 60% of it's potential realized.

Anonymous

I have T:TSCC on DVD, both seasons.  Have to sit down and watch them one of these days.

I thought the show was really well written and there were a lot of clever twists and turns.  I didn't really care for the casting of Shirley Manson as that character (can't remember the name right now), but I think she got better as the show went on.

And Lena Headey's portrayal of Sarah was excellent, while some of the funniest moments in the show came from the Terminator Cameron.

sinnnn
    Participant

Big Terminator fan but I could never get into the tv series.  For one it was showing round same time as Supernatural.  I kept switching back an forth till I had to choose.  Was getting confused. 
    Anyway how bout the Highlander series.  I loved it until they got all sappy.  When the boy he was taking care of turned out to be an immortal and he found out from a gypsy that he will never marry(blah, blah, blah).  It just went all down hill from there.  Then they did the female spin off, WHY?  The other movie made tv series, The Crow(the 1st one was good, Miss you Braden).  It was alright, had my fav actor starring in it.

Anonymous

you do know how to record shows to watch them later, right  :

sinnnn
    Participant

I don't have a recorder duh. LOL.  An I don't have cable or tivo.  So I had to choose. An I chose wisely my young padiwan 

Janine Dee
    Participant

Glau dominated… a sentence that gives me a wonderful warm sensation. For a character that was supposed to be a machine she had a wonderful depth to her.

And not only was Lena awesome as Sarah, but some of the best moments in the show came when she had Cameron/Glau were working together.

So yes, sit down and watch the DVD's, I love mine.

For you Sinnnn… you may really have chosen wisely, I too am a Terminator fan, but seeing John turned into that sneering slappable punk… I'd rather have the fate of all mankind riding on Dean, or even Sam before John Connor of the series.

Lover
    Participant

I like CSI; Las Vegas, Miami and New York. A new NCIS? It's unknown in Germany, so please tell me more about it.
    Criminal Intent is another one I like to watch.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.