Skip to content

Forum Etiquette 101

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Forum Etiquette 101

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Bear
    Participant

Discussions about Sex is more orientation driven.. originally opened by Tom as a way to introduce new poses and was locked down so new new topics could not  be introduced. It was neglected for a very long time and we had to discuss the new poses here in this section of the thread , which sadly meant as time progressed those topics drifted deep into neglect.

Last year I submitted the request to open the threads for us shift the pose discussions there…and create the shemale thread,… which never existed. Creating the separation made sense to me since orientation might influence readership of a thread and direct folks to a part of the thread which interested them specifically.

If anything I like the separation,… and imo rather they just rename the section.

I do have a question for suzy… do they ever look into the section to see the reactions or suggestions

As to Discussions about AChat… I think creating separate subsections here would benefit.  One specifically for the developer driven side of threads… the other for member driven ideas.

As in the Erotic thread section.. in such format the developers could give a power to one here to monitor their development thread and weed the nonsense from it…or handle it themselves…

As to who has left… to clarify I still hold a premium here.. but waver on my decision… we can point to a few that have said they looked here almost left… that merely supports the fact that there probably some who came and saw chaos and didn't even attempt.
    As to Zinah… yes… I pay a heavy price in this matter losing a close friend… the reactions here are another stake driving her decision not to renew.

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Bear, the separation is good and we can have it in the “Discussions about AChat”. this is just an idea, it's all on the dev-team.

@Tight: i'd like to know the suggestion you had give to dev-team. if you can't post them here, and if you can, i hope you would like to send it to me via PM

Keiko
    Participant

I had this design concept drawn up for a long while now and couldn't find any opportunity to share it or felt anyone would really care. But if I was given the opportunity to moderate the forum, I would have it set up like this…

FUTUREFORUM.jpg

(I cut off the boards below “Share your crative ideas” in the interest of the image only due to it's size. They would stay.) With the additional suggestions for other subject matter made here, I think this would be a great start to categorize the threads. And relocate existing ones. This should reduce the size of some of the boards, making it easier to find the topic you are looking for. (I can't tell if the image is too big, I am posting this from my phone. If it is let me know and I will scale it down.)

The more popular topics, (New room development, New Pose development, etc.) I would create as a sticky thread, compiling everything we have discussed thus far from multiple threads into it.

EDIT: Image width is set to 400, height is 500

TightFit74
    Participant

HB,

on your request.. I have editted the mail as not everything is for public view. Not hiding anything, just don't want things to flare up again. This is what I suggested, it also depicts my view on the website as a whole, as I have outed in other posts as well..

Goal of forum:
    1. Visiting card for AChat
    2, Facade of company building should look pristeen
    3. Portal for (new) members, to entice them to become prem.
    4. Database for ideas
    5. Platform for members to meet outside of the game and discuss topics of interest (forum)

consequences of less intense moderation:
    The cluttered sections look chaotic. some sections are claimed by sticky posts, some longer as 8 months untouched. That does not appeal to people to go to the forum and contribute actively.

Possible solutions:
    1. Wondering of Suzy has other tasks that eat her time away, besides the forum. She has been very quiet for a number of weeks, only to return with the comment: less words, more action. Though I haven't seen anything of her actions in the game.
    2. appoint member-moderators, that can moderate (certain) sections of the forum while Suzy concentrates on the big issues.
    3. Add another moderator, to assist Suzy in her work, as appareantly it is growing over her head…

Benefits of appointng member-moderators:
    1. Free/unpaid volunteered assistance in the forums by responsible, professional, and dedicated members of the site.
    2. Promotes a healthy, active appearance of helpful, knowledgable assistance  in the forums.
    3. Encourages growth by attracting more new members and motivates them to upgrade to premium.
    4. Expect to find more passion and pride by members when they are given the opportunity to be responsible for a forum they have been loyal to.

I feel the forum is just as important as other parts of the website, and needs to have a professional, open, respectful appeal to people. Somewhere where it is easy to find info about the game, meet new people and express their interest in the game.

I have been passionate about the game from the start and have offered my views on how to improve the game. I hope my view will allow you to look at the forum closely and with a critical eye.

With kind regards,

Tight

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Thanks, Tight, i'll take some time to read it and think on it.

Keiko, set width to 650 or 700 (400 is to small and we can't read it) but i think your's idea will work well.

edit

(sorry Keiko, stolen your work, but really need a big size!)

NewGurl
    Participant

First of all. I am not mad at anyone in particular.  I want no one to leave, but that has already happened.  I believe there can be common ground where we are all happy. Furthermore, be prepared, for in some of my posts it has been suggested by a certain user to get back on topic. Thats fine, I have gotten carried away from time to time. But when I see this same user off topic I will comment on there thread too.  Whats good for me is good for you.

Maybe I do come across as childish. I just think its hyprocritical to say something about getting off topic and then doing it your self. And No I do not think that the posts should be moved or deleted, thats censorship.  I have said what I have mostly out of anger. My point that I was upset has been noted, but I feel it woud be wrong for me to delete my responses.

Again I say there are some good ideas in the main part of this post. Being on topic makes for a better forum. Just be more respectful to the feelings of others, we are all adults here, lets act like it

bluedenim
    Participant

Let me say how pleased I am that since my last post this has at last started to be a discussion.

We all are allowed our own point of view and so far (whilst I have been reading it) such censorship has been absent from this forum.

One thing which I have not seen suggested for the new look/layout of the forum is somewhere where arguments and rants could be posted………………

Just a thought, looking at what happened here. 

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Blue, glad to see you here again. as you can see, the “Erotic Fantasies” is allways there, so maybe we can use that. other side, if you mean off-topic about sez or achat, Keiko don't had added them cause the pic will be to much big, but they will stay like wthey are now.

Pafe
    Participant

Hiya's…

I had something I wanted to post, just a personal, therapy posting, but didn't know where to put it, so I posted it in the “Off Topic” section.  I don't know if that was the correct place or not.  Perhaps we could use that for place for arguments and rants.  Although please keep the arguments to a civil debate 

Thanks for letting me share,
    Pafe

Lover
    Participant

Pafe, I'm sure you talk about “Good Bye My Love”. Yes. this is the right place for it.

The off-topic section is in general the board for everything else, which does not suit to AChat discussion. If you want to vent about something that has happened in real life, greetings, complaining… use this board.
    I think this board (off topic) has to be renewed too, giving it some subsections. But let's go step by step. We shall collect all our ideas and I create a new thread for this. I think it's the best, before each of us posts his ideas anywhere here in this forum.
    Of course, any ideas that “belong” to Bear, you can send him per pm directly.

NewGurl
    Participant

Blue, glad to see you here again. as you can see, the “Erotic Fantasies” is allways there, so maybe we can use that. other side, if you mean off-topic about sez or achat, Keiko don't had added them cause the pic will be to much big, but they will stay like wthey are now.

The main problem I see with playing in Erotic Fantasies, two of the best players have left. I hope they return but who knows.  Oh well there will be a lot less off topic responses now

Bear
    Participant

creating a new group thread would be helpful… it takes care of the potential double posts. If that could be added it will also assist in reorganizing the sections there.

TightFit74
    Participant

I would suggest to start a new thread to continue our discussion about the forum and collect the ideas we have for changing lay out and categories. If we ask for a specific way for the forum to be reorganised and offer a view on how it should be, we can ask them to create the sections we need in a single go, instead of piling request upon request.

So I think we need to get clear what we want and how we want it, before making specific suggestions. Does that sound logical?

Lover
    Participant
    chasxxx
    Participant

WOW!!!!! I have read through the initial post 7 times and have been TOTALLY unable to find all the things everyone seemed so upset about (unless they had incredibly guilty consciences) I am not a member of the council, but i salute you and your ideas! nowhere in the post did it say “you can't say something”! Anyone who doesn't agree wholeheartedly that this is EXACTLY WHAT THE FORUM NEEDS should go read the FAQ thread. there are some good things in there…. if you can find them or have an hour or two to read through blather. It was late coming, but i did apologise for my own ill-mannered public blast at a “council member” (sorry again, Lover) and i posted it OT in the thread i mouthed off in.  (off topic again) I see, looking up, I have spent 31 1/2 hours in the forum. that has been split around 10 or twelve topics because when i come back after 2 or three days, i have to read through 4 or 5 pages to see that NOTHING new/significant has ben added. I thought being adult was a requirement for membership…. just my 8 cents worth.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.