Skip to content

Forum is changing March 2020?

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Forum News Forum is changing March 2020?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vaughan

Today, (5 Mar 2020)   my spouse and I were getting this message when trying to log into forum. It lasted a few hours.

[img width=650]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/478965126473711636/685176316789784767/Screenshot_7.jpg?width=815&height=221[/img]

I have no idea what it means  but I cant see any changes.  Has anyone else?

Perhaps Achat can explain more?

Michelle989
    Participant

So hope it will make the forum more compliant with mobile phones as I'm sure ppl would use it more like me when they can't log onto Achat but can participate on the forum , right now I am typing such little text I can hardly see

Zuzannah
    Participant

Hiiiiiiiiiiii.

I'm not getting that message.

So what is going to be different ??

thecult
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I'm not getting that message too.

JessiCapri
    Participant

I've not received it again and the forum looks no different than it did before so I'm going to assume was just an update of some kind going on at the moment V and I both tried to log in.

angelocorbin
    Participant

hmm, it would be normal that the look and feel stayed exactly as is with only a php upgrade.

Php is just what kind of engine runs on the server to generate html content from the database.
    Not much to do with the design or style of a site. Upgrading this would give the devs more options, better performance and better security.
    But also means that some of their old code might need restructuring in order for the site to keep working.

However, when I check the php version this forum runs on, it says its 5.4.16
    A php version that was released in 2013.

There are 2 main branches of php. A php 5 and a php 7.
    Of the v5 branch, the latest release would be 5.6.x.

So perhaps the upgrade hasn’t worked out and that’s why the down time errors where longer than necessary.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.