Skip to content

Forum Profile Picture! Broken.

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Slip of the pen (Report bugs) Forum Profile Picture! Broken.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ebonyhottie
    Participant

Cant Upload my picture, or use the default ones on here, it just says “Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.” Any help would be appreciated!
    Kisses, :-* :-* :-*
    Ebony.

Alissa
    Participant

I had the same problem. Honestly, I think the admin has he feature turned off or setup incorrectly. I'd put money on it – since I'm experienced at running forums.  I found away around it to display my pic in my siggy ;p

blossom
    Participant

BROKEN FORUM PROFILE AVATARS…

I tried uploading a picture for my forum avatar – doesn't show up…
    I then noticed that this is the case for a few others as well.
    The only pics that show cleanly are those that are linked directly from some http:// address.
    Is this a known problem?
    Can I look forward to uploading the pic successfully any time soon?

Lover
    Participant

Yes, blossom, we all seem to have this problem. I hope the A-Team read this post and solve our problem.

Janine Dee
    Participant

I'm guessing this forum system is simply still set up for the old user interface and can't recognize the new.

Anonymous

I'm guessing this forum system is simply still set up for the old user interface and can't recognize the new.

The forum and client always were completely separate from each other, so they shouldn't affect one another in any way. It's possible avatar pictures were disabled to lower the bandwidth or something, I have no idea.

Janine Dee
    Participant

I know that in computers when a glitch occurs after an update the update is the first place you check. *shrug*

Anonymous

Yea, for sure. That update would have to be a separate update though. Of the forums, not of the client.
    Let's just hope we can get an affirmation of whether this was a choice or a bug. Tom, are you around?

blossom
    Participant

when a page loads, how much bandwidth will a few teensy weensy 65×65 pixel pics take up? Practically nothing… besides thare are those default actor & musician pics on offer which wil take up exactly the same bandwidth… nope gotta be something else. 

Lover
    Participant

In the settings they could prevent to upload pics. They didn't. So there is the possibility to add pics. Appropriate there must be an error, either in the system or in the hardware.
    That means the A-Team has to check for it. And fix the mistake. Or they have to tell us, no pics allowed any longer.

Janine Dee
    Participant

It isn't just bandwidth sweetie. If it's not properly coded a computer won't recognize it. That's what I'm thinking may be the problem.

saconuts
    Participant

Hi, can anyone help me upload my pic for my profile ?? Tthanks

Lover
    Participant

This topic is about Forum Profile Picture – look at your avatar, you made it.

saconuts
    Participant

So I am in the right place for my question. My issue is: why doesn't it work to upload a picture

Lover
    Participant

Do you talk about about upload a pic to your post? This doesn't work. You only can build in pics from another homepage about “using image”.

Does this answer your question?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.