Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Forum Game. The name game

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 664 total)
  • Author
    babydoll
    Participant

Cindy Crawford

17023927-mmmain.jpg

Tommy_72
    Participant

Captain Sensible

maron211177
    Participant

Sigmund Freud came to mind  :  :  :  :  : 
    ( hope u r ok tommy )

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZniVz7s6oW5p-qcbbeyKgGv3cMN5CCBt0vNxAs5f9eSJeY3vYjA[/img]

Tommy_72
    Participant

Awwwwwwwwwww, Maron, I didn't know you cared!  I'm surviving, the therapy helps    I draw solace and inspiration from the example of Saint Francis…

Francis of Assisi

… and here is a poem for you

Assisi

The dwarf with his hands on backwards
    sat, slumped like a half-filled sack
    on tiny twisted legs from which
    sawdust might run,
    outside the three tiers of churches built
    in honour of St Francis, brother
    of the poor, talker with birds, over whom
    he had the advantage
    of not being dead yet.

A priest explained
    how clever it was of Giotto
    to make his frescoes tell stories
    that would reveal to the illiterate the goodness
    of God and the suffering
    of His Son. I understood
    the explanation and
    the cleverness.

A rush of tourists, clucking contentedly,
    fluttered after him as he scattered
    the grain of the Word. It was they who had passed
    the ruined temple outside, whose eyes
    wept pus, whose back was higher
    than his head, whose lopsided mouth
    said Grazie in a voice as sweet
    as a child's when she speaks to her mother
    or a bird's when it spoke
    to St Francis.

Norman MacCaig

babydoll
    Participant

Adam Levine

Rukya
    Participant

Liara T'soni

Pic re-sized to look better. BB.

Brandybee
    Participant

Tony Curtis

Lover
    Participant

Carmen Electra

FoxyRoxxy
    Participant

That is so Foxy Roxxy baby  when  did you take a photo of me 

Eleanor Roosevelt

martinus
    Participant

Rocky Balboa

Zuzannah
    Participant

Beatrix Kiddo

Tommy_72
    Participant

Karl Popperrenowned philosopher and the invent0r of poppers.

A notorious hedonist and well known bon vivant of the London gay club scene, after a day's lecturing at the LSE, Popper invariably heads off to Soho for night of debauchery and illicit sex. As the inventor of poppers, he was more dismayed than most to hear of their forthcoming ban under a new government crackdown on perceived  licentiousness, filth and moral depravity sweeping the nation.

Commenting on the ban, Popper observed: “Poppers bring all the fun to the party! Who hasn't had a poppers-induced dance coma to the sound of 'I Feel Love'? Our rights are slowly being taken away one at a time. How will all gay virgins take anal without pain now? How are we going to encourage tops to swap to bottoms? Gay sex will become vanilla and boring.”

“I invented poppers, I feel I should at the very least have some say in the debate about them” he is quoted as saying; “If Dave (Cameron) wants to come to Heaven with me any Friday night in the next four weeks, the offer is there. I'll show him what it's all about, man.”

No government spokesperson was available for comment.

FoxyRoxxy
    Participant

Pippi Longstocking

[img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/4/4f/Pippi_Longstocking.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100928051400[/img]

Tommy_72
    Participant

Ludwig Wittgensteinrenowned philosopher; metaphysical sparring partner of Karl Popper.

Although they may have had various epistemological disagreements, Wittgenstein stands 100% behind Karl Popper on the issue of the banning of poppers. Speaking outside the Shadow Lounge in London's Soho, Wittgenstein stated:

“Logic is not a body of doctrine, but a mirror-image of the world. Logic is transcendental. And poppers fucking rock. I, for one, do not plan to start taking cocaine or heroin: they are much more expensive than poppers and roughly 1 million times more likely to kill you. Why spend £50 on a gram of cocaine with no cocaine in it, when I could – for a steal, at just £5 a bottle – give myself a dizzying poppers-induced headrush with none of the stress of having to locate a credit card or a DVD case or a piece of kitchen roll for when your nose starts bleeding from all the Persil you've just shoved up it?”

A Unilever spokesperson said that they, as a socially responsible global conglomerate, did not advocate shoving persil anywhere other than into your washing machine.

Jaynie
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 664 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.