Skip to content

General AChat development

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas General AChat development

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CondomGirl
    Participant

Dear developers,

maybe this is also a question for susy_a to answer. First I just wanted to make you a big compliment for the wonderful game. Thank you very much. I will gladly renew my one year membership in a few days.

I just have a general question to the development of AChat.

a) I like the way you improve AChat with the 3-day-Updates bit by bit. That makes sure getting two new additions every week to the game and keeps it attractive. Is this the only way of development of AChat?

or

b) Are you simultaniously (correct?) working on a general AChat development, like completely renewing the user interface, the chat mode, the environment/rooms, the graphics etc. which come with a much bigger update some time?

Would like to know if there is just the a) way or also something else in the backoffice?

Another question would be how many developers there are. If you are just one I will never ask for anything again because then you have hell of a lot to do.

Would it pay off to hire a professional full time programmer for this game (if there isn't already one behind it)?

Daniela

Keiko
    Participant

I know your question is directed to the AChat developers and Susy (who aren't very talkative) but I would like to add my perspective to these questions you pose, Daniela.

You ask if the bi-weekly update releases are the only projects the developers work on. Sometimes it may seem that way but as we have seen with the release of the enhanced graphics installer package, the new texture upload tool, and recently with the new “Zzz” busy button, they do seem to be working on ways to improve the game experience as a whole.

You also ask about how many developers work on the AChat team. Obviously I cannot answer that question but even if there is only 1 developer, I don't think that should stop our requests and suggestions for opportunities to see AChat improved. I assume there is a specific process and reason why is may sometimes seem like there is only 1 person working on this game but I trust that there are more working behind the scenes than we are aware of.

Again, just trying to offer my opinion and not saying that this is necessary fact. I would love to hear Tom or Susy satisfy our curiosity about explaining what happens behind the scenes of AChat but they are very tight-lipped about those matters.

susy_a
    Keymaster

…we have seen with the release of the enhanced graphics installer package, the new texture upload tool, and recently with the new “Zzz” busy button, they do seem to be working on ways to improve the game experience as a whole.
    …there are more working behind the scenes than we are aware of

You're right, good comments.

Lover
    Participant

???????? Is this the complete answer?

TightFit74
    Participant

Daniella,

I think Keiko answered most of your answers. As I discovered when starting to design, i found it is a lot of work. So I think it would be impossible to work on this game and keep it running by one person. We know there are at least 3 people in the staff, but with a game with a magnitude like this (meaning programming, desiging etc.), there surely is a staff..

Unfortunately again, the representatives of the game clok themselves in silence and suggestive answers, without being direct and to the point. This might be a great way for attracting people for the bi-weekly update, it is very frustrating when you ask a direct quetion. Wether it is on forum or through a pm to the moderator. The only division that seems to react within an acceptable amount of time, is support. But that is the least I'd expect for my membership fee.

Sorry for high jacking the post, but it is getting on my nerves…

(venting done, taking a deep breath and relaxing)

Rukya
    Participant

little short the anwser of suzi 

marklong
    Participant

…we have seen with the release of the enhanced graphics installer package, the new texture upload tool, and recently with the new “Zzz” busy button, they do seem to be working on ways to improve the game experience as a whole.
    …there are more working behind the scenes than we are aware of

You're right, good comments.

I think it is a fair ask to know what kind of things are in development. As a developer myself our marketing department would always be advertising new features to the press way before the release date.

At the moment I am considering whether or not to renew my membership right now…. One of the main reasons is the lack of information regarding new stuff. I've been looking forward to the 'Dream Tits' but it seems maybe this is not happening any more.

Dont get me wrong the game is awesome but as a paying customer it would be helpful to know what the release schedule is for features.

Thanks

hentaiboy69
    Participant

mark, i think you are not the only one whit this feeling.

I can understand the dev-team don't wanna give so many hints about their plan to other similar games, but i don't think it's a good commercial strategy to hide them to the customer like us (all the peoples here in the forum are paying the service, or you can't post here, but just read). They wanna hide their work to other!? ok, but find a way to make us know! maybe a section where you need to be a premium user just to read it.

for egsample, we have an “Announcements” section…..how about make it working only for premium users!? there dev-team can post their work, advice and whatever concern the game release and future plan.

my 2 cents, at least

TightFit74
    Participant

Hentai,

I think that if the competators really want to know what AChat is doing, they are willing to pay the 50 bucks a year to be prem. I am certain AChat looks very closely at their competition as well. To find out what they are doing.

I am kind of wearing blinkers when it comes to the different sex ames, I like this one more as enough to want to play in others. The forum, contest, designing and occasionally playing, take up enough of my time as well.

But I have advocated to a more open structure of the organisation, tried to explain why more opennesss and promoting future expansions/possibilities in the game, can have a luring effect to potential new members. Say you've been playing a few weeks, want something really bad and finding out it will be there in a few weeks.. That would be a reason for me to stay.

I am hoping more people with this perspective will out themselves, let their voice be heard. To emphasize the importance of having an open dialogue between members and company…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.