Skip to content

Game Idea. Getting messages while in a room

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Game Idea. Getting messages while in a room

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    marinap
    Participant

Hi, have You ever thought about getting message from Your friends when You are in room (busy)? I have some time problems cause when Im in room I just can't check if my friend who I arrange meeting is waiting for me or not. Some people says don't go room if you are waiting for someone, but sometimes we have situations that we can't refuse. Other thing is how this msg should look like? For example on chat window auto msg “XpersonX is trying to contact You”. There is one problem I see at the beggining. Some of people here can just abuse this to much. Idea is open… What do You think about it?

Anonymous

It is an excellent idea and one that I have given a lot of thought to.

Meanwhile, there are several methods that you could implement, until there is an in-game answer, in order to keep in touch in that way. The simplest I have found is using any instant messaging service, e.g. yahoo, msn, etc. My step-sister and I use this method to communicate for many different things apart from Achat and we have used it when we are both playing AChat and it works great (we let each other know when people we are interested in are logged on).

Just have it running in the background and use an id that bears no association to you in real life (to be on the safe side) and let all your Achat friends/lovers/spouses (or all of those that you are interested in) know what it is. Then you can contact each other when you are “busy” in Achat. Typically, for me at least, they sit neatly alongside the Achat window.

The other thing is, if they are all members of the forum (encourage them to be, if they aren't already), have it up and running in your browser and use the pm system. I found it to be a bit more cumbersome than im but you can always reduce the size of the browser window to sit next to the Achat window. Unfortunately you have to refresh it occasionally to see whether you have messages..

tangoracer
    Participant

Hi, have You ever thought about getting message from Your friends when You are in room (busy)? I have some time problems cause when Im in room I just can't check if my friend who I arrange meeting is waiting for me or not. Some people says don't go room if you are waiting for someone, but sometimes we have situations that we can't refuse. Other thing is how this msg should look like? For example on chat window auto msg “XpersonX is trying to contact You”. There is one problem I see at the beggining. Some of people here can just abuse this to much. Idea is open… What do You think about it?

Sorry but if you have arrange a meeting with a friend What are you doing in a room anyway

And if you chose to go in a room surely you give your full attention to the person your with and not worry about the friend you forgot about

Just my opinion 

Bear
    Participant

What Tango siad said, ditto…

Brandybee
    Participant

mmm  It does seem to be like you are hiding in the wardrobe…..  being a perv disturbing your rooming friend …. and I agree,  its  rude to room when you have a date arranged  and no doubt the cause of many an argument  between couples.

I'm afraid that would go straight to my ignore button …  and that's fairly rare for me …  I really would treat my rooming date with the contempt they have earned.  :-*

marinap
    Participant

You not get my intention. Its not for use everytime (it depands on human), but i give some example. I was in room with friend cause we were attacked by cold invites (20 cold  invites in 5 min – its boring and waste of time to ignore all of them). And when we were in room, our friend who we not see long time log on achat and must wait for us 1,5 hour. So it would be easier to sent some msg. Im thinking to limit it to friends only (maybe by personal password to contact which You can give to them or not).
    I did think about all kinds of massengers like Yahoo, cause this idea is to make better Achat without using outsides programs.
    And message to skeptics. For me room is not only for sex. Its sometimes only place to calm talk with friend. Blocking free users its not soultion, cause many of my friends are free, so why I should block them too?

Bear
    Participant

I just let the colds run their course… it doesn't bother me to have the pop up hang there for 20 seconds… I figure I am wasting their time while they wait.

Anonymous

OK, lol, that has put me in my place. Well how about….

I've previously suggested a different color status to indicate that you are “busy” instead of “in room”, why not incorporate the two and make it so that  “busy”  is only to other than friends/lovers/spouse.

Bear
    Participant

Well one thing I will agtree with is the need to develpe a better chat system, like the capacity to create a private chat channel for groups. Entering such in the lobby should change the availability light…. one needs only to message a partner of the channels name and they could join by a simple command… say “/join *channel name*,

Lover
    Participant

And when we were in room, our friend who we not see long time log on achat and must wait for us 1,5 hour. So it would be easier to sent some msg. Im thinking to limit it to friends only (maybe by personal password to contact which You can give to them or not).

There is one error in your idea – if A-Team allows to message all people in your friend list, you will be disturbed very often while you're in room. If they say only lover and/or spouses are allowed, I can hear people crying because of making this kind of difference between spouse/lover/friend…
    Same if they add a new group with “special friends”.

At the moment only thing you can do is use messenger or pm in forum as concerto mentioned.

One idea could be a sign when people of your lists login – it was mentioned by kingdustin and can be read here
    Discussions about AChat/Share your creative ideas
    https://funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,2129.30.html

But if you ask me, it has to be used like the busy-button, with the chance to set it active/not active.

marinap
    Participant

As I can see discussion in this subject is rather rough. Most of You dont like this idea but I tried to indicate problem. So lets check different idea. Maybe it should be 3rd kind of block intruders “block all except your friend/lover/spouse list”? :

🙂 don’t stress be calm

Lover
    Participant

Marina, no one is arguing or stressed. You asked for an honest opinion and got it. Some will like your idea, some won't. That's the basics for a good discussion and in the end we may find a new idea to improve the game.

In your last idea, i think you are talking about the busy-button? We have talked about it long time ago… but perhaps new members in forum have new ideas and wishes… so we can discuss it again if you mean the busy-button (zzz-state)

mercer78
    Participant

There is a compromise here why not give people the opportunity to leave messages if someone is in room and have them waiting when you leave. Meaning rather than wait around for someone to be free you can leave a quick message and then carry on with your day. 🙂

Anonymous

Yes, another good idea mercer78.

Actually, of course, you can leave messages but what I find annoying is that they aren't available until you log off and on again.

sexilicious
    Participant

I know for me there are sometimes i want to message a friend maybe someone who had sent me a message while i was offline but sometimes they are rooming. It would be nice to at least have it where you can leave a message just like if they were offline then they can respond next time they see it. Cause I don't know about everyone else but sometimes my brain doesn't have the best memory. Although if a message was sent like that it would be nice for times like that for the message button to also blink when you come out of the room (since the message button doesn't show in the room) so you know you have a message and not have to wait till the next time you log on the game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.