Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    zoerink
    Participant

LOL..stone.. just one more time please

Big sigh,  ok, once more … if you really must.

Hey everyone, I'm making cookies over at Blue's house, y'all coming?  There's bourbon on the bar and the hot-tub is full of bubbles. There'll be a bbq full of  beef-ribs for the hungry men and we can make the cookies into funny shapes and put rude decorations on them!

Yes Please, I think  I want Christmas cookies to spread the Christmas cheer –  Christmas trees, bells,  stars, angels, doves, holly, Santa and elves.

I approach Bluedenim and Covems  and give them a Stone special Bloody Mary and a dove cookie each, the sign of peace and hope and whisper, “You know if we argue here, what hope have the people who are embroiled in such conflicts? Are either of you so different? You both seem to detest the use of violence to champion a cause”

I leave them to their thoughts, hoping that they make up, and join my Jayc.  ” I have bought some brilliant Christmas jumpers. Old_Joe adores his. You should see the fabulous one I got you. I know you will love it and wear it with pride in the bar. See how much I love you Darling”

Im agree Stone… i pay a round for all in Achat Bar and Grill… blue… let me one cookie please

hukk
    Participant

You are right Bluedenim, and I do retract that statement.  I swiped that from a blog without checking the source… shame on me, and I want to apologize for it to the entire forum for that post.  After researching the status of South Africa since 1994, I came across this article, which does not have skewed facts.

You're a good man Charlie Brown. I forgive you on the condition that I receive a tacky, horrible holiday sweater as well. Cosby style.

crafts-drafts-make-your-own-ugly-holiday-sweater-ta-da.jpg

Pookie77
    Participant

I LOVE you Covems

bluedenim
    Participant

Covems.

You have proved to me that you are a man. I did not sleep well last night and spent several hours researching and composing a very long and explicit denunciation. Then I went away and came back to reread it because I didn't want to post in temper.

I have deleted it and I cried when I read your post.

If I say thank you it is not for placating me but for seeing the truth and accepting it.
    Thank You.

Now then, when I have dried my eyes, who's for some fun?

Lover
    Participant

I appreciate people who stand for their opinion and tell them even if they seem to be the only one. I praise everyone, who is able to say “sorry, i was wrong”. Only big men are able to. And I bow myself to everyone who accepts an apologize and also says thank you.
    Harsh words have been said in a passionately discussion. A discussion we mods agreed to have them, as we always encourage everyone to tell his/her thoughts.
    Sometimes we do the wrong things bc we have wrong or not complete informations. Sometimes we use wrong words because our heart is stronger then our mind. We're all human and we're making mistakes. But, as in all discussions we had before, in the end we got a peaceful mood.
    Let's keep this mood, let's learn from each discussion we have and let's continue working together on our great goal:
    Having the best forum ever in the best uhm… chat game at all

Blue, come to the bar with your cookies, I want to taste them. If you also have bacardi Brandy and I would be very happy

This time, and only this time, I pay all drinks…

jayc
    Participant

RIP Phil Everly

Phil Everly of the Everly brothers passed away Friday evening.

Born in Chicago to a musician father, Everly formed the Everly Brothers with Don after the pair had performed as children as part of the Everly Family. Together the pair, known for their harmonies and country-inflected tunes, racked up numerous hits, including “Wake Up Little Suzie,” “Cathy’s Clown,” and “All I Have fo Do Is Dream.” The pair was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1986.

After initially breaking up in the early ’70s, the Everly Brothers reunited in 1983 for a concert at London’s Royal Albert Hall, later recording the 1986 country-music hit “Born Yesterday.” The pair also contributed the song “Cold” to the Andrew Lloyd Webber/Jim Steinman album “Whistle Down the Road.”

The pair received the Lifetime Achievement Grammy award in 1997.

Everly is survived by his wife, brother Don, mother Margaret, and sons Jason and Chris, as well as two granddaughters. *** copied and pasted from MSN News

here is a good version of “All i have to do is dream”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i90r6OX3RYo

think we all can relate to this song at least once in your life………RIP Phil

mrsexlover
    Participant

Sad to hear this news as i know their songs. My mom and dad where playing them a lot when i was young.

RIP Phill

hukk
    Participant

Initially, when reading up on the passing of Phil Everly, I figured I never heard any of his songs, until I clicked on your link Jay. I actually heard it about 3 years back, when I saw The Nightmare on Elm street (2010 version) play in theaters. That song was about the only redeeming thing featured in that train wreck of a movie. A very innocent, tender song that brings a smile to your face, no matter the age.

Skimmed around youtube and came across various covers of the song. Here's to you sir.

RIP Phil Everly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an02-7GEhnk

Brandybee
    Participant

I am a fan of the Everly Brothers –

Here's  another of my favourites  …    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0Sscke9z4

Kissing a rose  :-* –@–,'–,'—   and throwing it in the meandering stream.

Phil Everly – Rest in Peace, I'll do my crying in the rain.  :-* :-* :-*

Momma_andrea
    Participant

I didn't know this but it seems the brothers were prolific writers as well. Many songs sung by others are theirs.

Lover
    Participant

RIP Phil.

I like the Everly Brothers, All I Have To Do Is Dream is a great evergreen. Another good song is On The Wings Of A Nightingale, which was a big hit here (written and produced by Paul McCartney).

Now we will hear “Wake Up Little Susie” coming from heaven

tangoracer
    Participant

RIP  Pill Everly

Your songs touched so many people and the world has loosed a great talent.

Covems
    Participant

It's always sad when we lose folks from our lives.  When I was growing up, the Everly Brothers were on the record player a lot.  One of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar was “Til I Kissed You” , which still resonates for me today.  I may have to go see if I remember how to play it…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kUMwl2BvPY

jayc
    Participant

RIP Bob Casale (aka Bob 2)

I was saddened to hear on the way home tonight that Bob Casale the guitarist for the band Devo has passed away at the age of 61. Devo in the 80s were an amazing band and quite underrated as musicians. best known for the song “whip it” Bob’s sound and playing style were unique. after Devo disbanded he had a long career writing and playing music for over 200 movie soundtracks.

known as Bob2 as there were 2 Bobs in the band will be missed and Devo is one of my favorite bands of all time, so RIP Bob 2

Devo Girl you want

Lover
    Participant

I think i dont know this band but will check a few songs.
    RIP Bob 2 and perhaps you can write some movie soundtracks in heaven now.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.