Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    hentaiboy69
    Participant

I really really think in the US they must change the law about guns…..it's too easy to have one!

But Bear is right…..there are too people around with ill mind! Last febrary, when we we ha the most cold days in italy, a man had take is own child from her wife mother and tro it in the river…..if this isn't an ill mind, what is it!?

My pray is now for the 20 little angels and fot the adults killed yesterday….and for their family: this must be an happy period of the year, but from now on it gonna be a sad moment…

If a criminal or evil mind wants a gun, no gun control law will prevent them from getting one, or two.  I lived in that clandestine world for a while (back in my other life) dealings for outlawed things happen everyday. 

Maybe…..but with law gun control, it will be a little hard for  them to have it….

prias
    Participant

I agree with you Bear, an unloaded gun in the hands of a good person is as harmful as coton ball.

You don't need an automatic weapon to make a massacre, a double barrel hunting gun is largely enough and it's easy to find even here in France (a little bit harder since the laws had changed)

I also agree that it can happen somewhere else (China, Norway, here in France… Personnaly I know where to find a AK47 on the black market for around 600$) and from time to time. (By the way in China, it was 8 casualties not 30.)

BUT

I've looked on Wiki since the beginning of the 90's, 14 of the 28 school killings that happened where done in the USA…

Monday november the 26th were the first monday without murder in NY for decades…

Those are just examples.

Human kind is violent in general but I don't think that have weapon on the open market will help. Of course, there are controls for buying new ones but in many states, 2nd hand market is not controlled.

Kingdustin
    Participant

This is truly sad to hear, from the info i read and heard the gunman Adam Lanza, most likely had a mental disability or developmental disorder or personality disorder. several who knew Lanza in high school had been told he had Asperger’s syndrome, a high functioning form of autism.

I all so read he had  everal tell-tale signs of the disorder, often making those around him nervous because he was painfully shy and seemed to struggle to be social and form connections with people. It was evident Lanza “had a condition,” a neighbor tells the New York Post. You definitely notice it,” he added. Lanza was “kind of, like, needy. I wouldn’t say antisocial, but struggling to be social.” One “family insider” tells the New York Daily News Lanza “was a deeply disturbed kid,” who “had major issues” and “was subject to outbursts.” A 25-year-old neighbor who sometimes watched Adam Lanza when his mother would go out with friends said he was on medication, reports the Washington Post.

I go the above info here, he also killed him self after a total  of 28 deaths
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/12/15/adam_lanza_motive_shooting_rampage_sandy_hook_elementary_still_unclear.html

there is more info on him, Its sad even with all the sign this kid had he should have had been in better care, also the guns were owned by his mother. there other sign for those who do own firearms really need to take better care of them so things like this don't happen. If you live in the USA all way lock your guns up tight. all way practice gun safety.

this will get a lot press on gun control ignoring the the real problem and root of why this happened. Its the same thing that happen few mouth ago the new batman movie came out the guy shot the theater up.

its sad, last year or early of this year a single mother raising  a 6 mouth baby was attack in her home by two people she shot and killed the first attacker the other fled  thanks to the gun she owned she was able to save her self and her child. If she did not have it she most likely be dead and her kid too. people kill, take guns a way  and they will still kill. a gun is just the easy way and most common way of killing some one.

there always a way and when some one want to harm others they will do so no matter what. be it a gun, knife, bomb, or even a car.

I do hope you understand what I am trying to say. Thing like this will happen again best we can do is find the root of why thes action are being taken.

jayc
    Participant

i agree with Covems, the news media will have a week or longer foucusing on the shooter and the debate over gun control and the victims will be forgotton…………….and this is just wrong.

Bear is also right,  there is no way to prevent a sick mind from doing the unthinkble. the USA is mostly rural communities where fire arms are a way of life, and gun laws very from state to state and 2nd hand sales are not controlled. im not taking sides in the issue, but how many innocents must die before this country decides enough is enough? and why is “mental health services the 1st thing to recieve “budget cuts ” when money is tight? and  is my country willing to accept these horrible attacks as a price for “the right to bear arms”? tough questions with no easy answers.

but in the mean time lets not forget the victims and there families………….the media will do that for us

prias
    Participant

I agree that sometimes having a gun at home could be usefull but saying that having a gun at home wil prevent crime, I don't think so…

Here, in France we have around 10 000 000 registred weapons for a population of 60 so 1/6 rate. In the US, you have a rate of 270/ 300 but you also have a rate of criminality of 5.6 for 100 000 people while we have a rate of 1.7. So objectively, having weapons doesn't solve insecurity problems.

Moreover, to defend my house, I don't think I'll ever need war weapons such as automatic guns

I don't judge your country, I like him and we have a long friendship. So as a friend, I tell you that you really have an issue… :.(

Oh and before being called anti weapons, I've 2 .12 , 1 22LR rifle, 1 .22L hand gun, and a .308 long range rifle at home, hope to add soon 1 AK semi auto chambered in .223 and a 9mm handgun. They are locked in a safe as the law wants me to and the triggers are safed by a lock too. To own them, I had to be registred in a Shooting school, having at least 6 months of shooting records, not having criminal reports, not having mental diseases and make a request at the local authority.

For hunting weapon, we must have a license with some exams and the same conditions than for sport shooting.

Lover
    Participant

It's the finger that triggers. And if any assholes want to kill someone they get the weapons they want. But the more people have weapons the easier to use. I'm absoultely sure that many murders won't happen and had not happened if less people have weapons.

But I aslo would like to stop the discussion about weapons in THIS topic. It is to remember and to sorrow about the children and teachers. When I heard the news yesterday I was on a way to a party night. I was shocked. So my friends were – we needed some minutes to get back the mood for the night.

Candles are burning – not just for the children but also as a warning for. A sign for everyone to work each day for the good.

Momma_andrea
    Participant

I will not get into my politics.

The Big Issue is that for 20 some odd families December no longer means Christmas time. For now and forever more it will be the time when they lost
    Their baby.
    The month when some lunatic in a senseless act of violence cut short the lives of their most cherished.
    They will try to make sense of it. They will cry. They will scream at God. they will get no answer. There will be no understanding because that is what senseless means.

My heart pours out for them, my soul prays for them, my eyes weep for them. I ask that my God stands with them and eventually gives them peace, if not understanding.

Lover
    Participant

You're so right andrea. I lost my mother few days before christmas too and though you can't compare this I was sad and also angry. I wanted to fight with God but he was too gutless to answer. It's hard when there is nobody giving a helpful answer.

Every christmas will be hard now. Each year they will think about what happened and feel helpless, sad and angry. And other parents and children live in fear that this can happen to them too.

We have to think of the children but also for the parents and those children which survived. They need help, understanding and much patience.

prias
    Participant

Sorry for having disturbed the topic, a topic that ironically I've launched…

Beg your pardon to all people I could offended.

Time is for memory and prayers send to the victims, their families and relatives to give them strenght in their mourning…

A thought also to the peoples in charge to give them inspiration to make that impossible to happen again….

Lover
    Participant

Prias, you didn't disturb this topic. You started it and THAT was important.

I just think it's better to have an own topic for a discussion like this, when there are probably contrary opinions. This one is wonderful (though the term is not really correct) to remember and to think of the victims.

Thanks you did it!

jayc
    Participant

R.I.P ALVIN LEE

i just read on my homepage that Alvin Lee passed away suddenly after routine surgery in spain. best known for his band TENS YEARS AFTER. he was a great guitarist. and thier song “id love to change the world ” is always been on my favorite song list. well heaven just got a little louder.
    R.I.P ALVIN LEE

Lover
    Participant

One more great musician in the sky of rock – RIP Alvin Lee. Play the blues and let the chords rain down to us…

For all who don't know him, here is the wikipedia link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Lee

Brandybee
    Participant

Another rose and kiss  for the meandering stream 

:-*@–,'–,'—

RIP & God Bless  Alvin Lee.

Brandybee
    Participant

The Iron Lady 1925 – 2013 – Margaret Thatcher. RIP

An historic figure passed away today in Great Britain … Baroness Margaret Thatcher.

She was our first & only Woman Prime Minister. She was a true leader and patriot and spoke with passion and love of her country.

She wasn’t frightened about standing up against adversity, and what she believed was right. She wasn’t frightened about making enemies and also survived attempts on her life. She shaped the politics in our country. The Lady wasn’t for turning ;D

Love her or hate her, she was a true leader amongst men and an inspiration to all women.

Rest in Peace Ma’am and join your beloved Dennis once more. You are a Great Briton and will be remembered in our history books. You served your country well.

My flag is respectfully at half mast.

God Bless you.

Lover
    Participant

Here she was called the iron Lady. I give my respect for her work and for all what she did. At least she had a good old age. Now there is a female leader in heaven.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.