Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    Nat33
    Participant

Here in France she was called “La dame de fer” like say Lover “Iron lady”
    R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.

mercer78
    Participant

An historic figure passed away today  in  Great Britain …  Baroness Margaret Thatcher.

She was our first  & only Woman  Prime Minister.    She was a true leader  and patriot and spoke with passion and love of her country.

She wasn't frightened about standing up against adversity, and what she believed was right. She wasn't frightened about making enemies and  also survived attempts on her life.    She shaped the politics in our country. The Lady wasn't for turning 

Love her or hate her, she was a true leader amongst men and an inspiration to all women.

Rest in Peace Ma'am and join your beloved Dennis once more.   You are a Great Briton and will  be remembered in our history books.  You served your country well.

My flag is respectfully at half mast. 

God Bless you.

Well put Brandybee she was without doubt the greatest prime minister of my lifetime and I am sickened by all the insults that have been thrown around since the news of her passing broke.

jayc
    Participant

Iron Lady is an understatement, she was elected in the worst of times for the UK and turned the nation around. been hearing audio clips from some of her speeches and they as relevant today as when she spoke the words many years ago. the world needs more straight talking leaders like her now more the ever

Kingdustin
    Participant

May she rest in peace.

tangoracer
    Participant

Yes rest in peace  Baroness Margaret Thatcher

What a great leader you were, you changed the world for everyone on it not just us British

The country has lost a great icon of the times

My you rest in peace Iron Lady

God be with you now

Bows my head in a minutes prayer

jayc
    Participant

Jeff Hannerman RIP

just read with a twinge of sadness that Jeff Hannerman, guitarist for the very heavy metal band Slayer has passed away.

Although never a super big fan of the band i have seen them preform several times over the years.i have fond memories of taking my young nephews to see the band and Jeff was an inspiration for my nephew to become the great guitarist he is rapidly becoming.
    so rest in peace Jeff and heaven just got alot louder!!!!!!

Lover
    Participant

RIP Jeff – it's definitely louder in heaven now and perhaps faster too.

Slayer is too hard and fast for my personal taste and the lyrics are at least controversal. But it's good to read your nephew got inspired – perhaps he can play an AChat rock song for us?

jayc
    Participant

Ray Manzarek RIP

Ray Manzarek, a founding member and keyboard player of the Doors passed away monday after a battle with cancer.

I have always loved the Doors and listem to them to this day, Ray was also a great producer for alot of bands and had a long career in music and will be missed.
    Rest in peace Ray and no doubt the Lizard King will be there to greet you and the gates

Lover
    Participant

Now he did it: “Break on through to the other side” I'm sure he will meet Jim Morrison and now they can play together again

Light my fire, Riders n the storm, Hello i love you… just some of their big hits that were played on each party when i was younger.

RIP Ray

mrsexlover
    Participant

RIP Ray

And keep playing that magical keyboard in heaven just like we hear here at the start of this great song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS-af9Q-zvQ

jcm0824

Today a friend of mine lost her father. I have never met her in person, but I know her quite well. We knew that his time on earth was limited, just not this limited. Losing a father or any loved one for that matter is the worst experience you can ever have.
    For my friend:

DAD’S POEM

You never said “I’m leaving”
    You never said “goodbye”
    You were gone before we knew it,
    And only God knows why.
    There are no words to tell you
    Just what we feel inside,
    The shock, the hurt, the anger
    Might gradually subside.
    A million times we’ll need you
    A million times we’ll cry,
    If Love alone could have saved you
    You never would have died.
    In Life we loved you dearly
    In death we love you still,
    In our hearts you hold a place
    That no one can ever fill.
    It broke our hearts to lose you
    But you didn’t go alone,
    For part of us went with you
    The day God took you home.
    Things will never be the same
    And although it hurts so bad,
    We will smile each time we hear your name
    And be proud you were our Dad.

Taken from the web. Author unknown

Lover
    Participant

A nice poem james. I also found this:

“The best monument a person can have is in the hearts of those who knew and loved him.”

We never should forget to care for our beloved people as long as they are alive. Never leave them arguing or with bad thoughts. Sometimes that's the hardest part of live, but one day it won't be possible to say “sorry”…

SnowBunny78
    Participant

James ty so very much for being here for me as I am going through the lost of my father. You mean alot to me and you helping me through this means so very much. Thanks alot *hugs*  :-*

Lover
    Participant

RIP J. J. Cale

Yesterday, J.J. Cale died .

He was 74 years old. Many won’t know his name but his music. He wrote “Cocaine” and “After Midnight” and has influenced musicians like Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Johnny Cash and many more.

John Weldon “J. J.” Cale (December 5, 1938 – July 26, 2013) was an American guitarist, singer, songwriter and sound engineer. Though he avoided the limelight, his influence as a musical artist has been widely acknowledged by figures such as Mark Knopfler, Neil Young and Eric Clapton, who described him as “one of the most important artists in the history of rock”. He is considered to be one of the originators of the Tulsa sound, a loose genre drawing on blues, rockabilly, country, and jazz.

J.J. Cale - Cocaine

In 2008, Cale and Clapton received a Grammy Award for their album The Road to Escondido.

Meet old friends now and and play the blues.

jayc
    Participant

J. J. Cale was a great song writer and not bad  on guitar himself 

have a listen, here he is perfoming with Eric Clapton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8uk7vlk0sE

R.I.P. J.J.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.