Skip to content

Idea for redesigning interface

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Idea for redesigning interface

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Concerto

Just a quick idea for redesign………

new_chatbox.jpg

Chatbox would be resizable, consolidated menu items in top bar, added a “busy” state, added notification in chatbox, etc.

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Seems good, Concerto……wonder if this will be done!

This is another proof of your talent, my friend!

Rukya
    Participant

Hmmm you set the chatbox little big , hope you dont want it as big in room 

Anonymous

No it isn't expected to be that large in room but, as I mentioned, it should be resizable

Lover
    Participant

Great idea Concerto!!

Anonymous

ok, again with little thought and not much time, I have redesigned the Character Editor screen and introduced hotlink to the Shop and Forum….

I hope you like them

Rukya
    Participant

Great work concerto i like how you made the character editor screen . If the ZZZ button was where you pulled it , this will be really better

Ps: strange , i dont see a square for the hmmm is it panty for men too ?

Pps : sorry HB if you cant read my post , my color of the day is brown 

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Concerto, i really like it, but do you have forget a “Go to forum” button! isn't it one of the update we ask for several months!? Can you try to add it too!? anyway, you have my greetings for this wonderful example!

Rukya, lol….of course i can read your post, you silly girl….. 

Rukya
    Participant

Rukya, lol….of course i can read your post, you silly girl….. 

SILLY ?!!!!! GRRRRRR you earned this  :

[img width=400]http://img2.rule34.xxx/thumbs/rule34/280/thumbnail_c6c7d5ec721dc08f63551c1f31dbce205a117dc6.gif?279254[/img]

Anonymous

@hb69 ok so I have added a button for hotlink to forum… of course, it would just be a browser window, as currently….

…and I have shown how the windows would (could) appear on your desktop

oh @rukya… men can't wear underwear in public, unless it is based on the trouser model (or so they tell me)

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Concerto, you have done an excelent job! now, all we need is pray for have it realeased!

Lover
    Participant

If we now have more room for our own description and more space in banner it would be perfect.

AnnieMay has suggested an idea in “Share your creative ideas”
    https://funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,2231.msg46153.html#new

Perhaps we can have a dropdown menu “Prefered languages” below country. We also can remove the skin colour and just have it in editor.
    Same with character type and favourites – I don't need to see every possible choice, just the one people have chosen.

AnnieMay
    Participant

If we now have more room for our own description and more space in banner it would be perfect.

AnnieMay has suggested an idea in “Share your creative ideas”
    https://funnyadultgamesplay.com/forum/index.php/topic,2231.msg46153.html#new

Perhaps we can have a dropdown menu “Prefered languages” below country. We also can remove the skin colour and just have it in editor.
    Same with character type and favourites – I don't need to see every possible choice, just the one people have chosen.

Yes and the shop could be included as in my original thought and also made of with an idea here. For example I looked at what Achat was coded in, peeked. If you are curious of the development platform it is Visual Studio. There are webkits available for the devs to use. This makes it  entirely possible for the devs to include a browser or browser-like function inside the program. In short they could create a tab/window that directly links to the shop. Which would display within that tab/window. The redesign could just be applied to the online web store.

As far as repositioning things or making new graphics.

.dds – Can be edited in GIMP or other editors. (graphics)
    .win – Can be edited in any text editor. (element) aka windows/etc.

As far as new things that would need of course coding, or it would just be a meaningless template.

Location of files : AppDataLocalAChatGUI

To be completely honest the devs are using a very old style in development coding. It is better and more flexible to use XML templates. It allows for rapid development from either the devs or any user modifications. This is why many applications are now using XML templates. And if anyone says this is beyond the scope of the program. It is not. XML templating is COMPLETELY possible.

As far as the text files pulled into the program at requested times. Instead of having it all out as it is now. It could be stored all in a .zip file. That the program traverses for the required file, then reads it. Rather than it lay in a bunch of text files in a folder.

Thinking about it. Pretty much a lot of the data Achat has. Could be stored in some way. This would reduce it from being 2 GB about on a machine. While some might say I have enough. Its not so much enough over what is the need to be messy for? Its the same way how coders will try and make their code as neat and as efficient and as small as they can. Its good practice.

Anonymous

@lover
    not sure what you mean about skin color, character type and favorites. They only appear in expanded form in the editor anyway not to another user. I haven't even thought about the “partner search” or “in room” windows. Well, that isn't true, I have thought a lot about them but see my comment to AnnieMay.

@AnnieMay
    Anything over a year old is already out of date. My ideas were based on things that I felt could be achieved easily and quickly using the same fundamental interface. I refrained from suggesting what might be considered by some to be a complete rethink. I am not holding my breath with regard to anyone responsible even looking at what I had proposed, let alone acting on it. That was literally done off the top of my head when I was bored for a few minutes and, to a certain extent, for my own amusement.

AnnieMay
    Participant

@lover
    not sure what you mean about skin color, character type and favorites. They only appear in expanded form in the editor anyway not to another user. I haven't even thought about the “partner search” or “in room” windows. Well, that isn't true, I have thought a lot about them but see my comment to AnnieMay.

@AnnieMay
    Anything over a year old is already out of date. My ideas were based on things that I felt could be achieved easily and quickly using the same fundamental interface. I refrained from suggesting what might be considered by some to be a complete rethink. I am not holding my breath with regard to anyone responsible even looking at what I had proposed, let alone acting on it. That was literally done off the top of my head when I was bored for a few minutes and, to a certain extent, for my own amusement.

The old was not aimed at you , was at the devs (My comment even noted it toward the devs). You didn't do the coding to that. The layout coding is a lot older than a year in that regard using a .win structure. XML templates have been widely used for some time now. As far as a complete rethink. That is why I supplied you with a method to restructuring it the way you like. And potentially sharing it with other users, beyond just a adapted graphic. The given files can be easily modified.

Example the buttons.win file opened up in a text editor shows :

Code:
    BEGIN
    TITLE Buttons
    X0 0
    Y0 0
    WIDTH 800
    HEIGHT 600
    OPTIONS 0x00000011
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 1
    X0 747
    Y0 12
    WIDTH 47
    HEIGHT 19
    TEXT 3
    TEXT_X0 9
    TEXT_Y0 0
    FONT_SIZE 20
    PICTURE GUI 1_kilepes
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE TEXT
    OBJID 7
    TEXT Frames/sec
    WIDTH 0
    HEIGHT 0
    X0 0
    Y0 28
    FONT_NAME fontp
    FONT_COLOR 0xffff8000
    FONT_SIZE 20
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 2
    X0 3
    Y0 52
    WIDTH 46
    HEIGHT 23
    TEXT Cica
    TEXT_X0 5
    TEXT_Y0 4
    FONT_SIZE 20
    FONT_NAME fontp
    PICTURE GUI 1_invisible
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 3
    X0 49
    Y0 52
    WIDTH 43
    HEIGHT 23
    TEXT Mica
    TEXT_X0 6
    TEXT_Y0 4
    FONT_SIZE 20
    FONT_NAME fontp
    PICTURE GUI 1_invisible
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 4
    X0 3
    Y0 6
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_toggle
    END

*BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 5
    X0 0
    Y0 48
    WIDTH 122
    HEIGHT 38
    SELECTABLE FALSE
    TEXTURE GUI 1_ful_bal
    END

*BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 6
    X0 0
    Y0 48
    WIDTH 122
    HEIGHT 38
    SELECTABLE FALSE
    TEXTURE GUI 1_ful_jobb
    END

*BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 0
    X0 0
    Y0 0
    WIDTH 800
    HEIGHT 600
    SELECTABLE FALSE
    TEXTURE GUI 1_background01
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 8
    X0 655
    Y0 5
    WIDTH 16
    HEIGHT 16
    TEXTURE GUIoggplay
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 9
    X0 655
    Y0 5
    WIDTH 16
    HEIGHT 16
    TEXTURE GUIoggstop
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 10
    X0 675
    Y0 5
    WIDTH 16
    HEIGHT 16
    TEXTURE GUIoggnext
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 11
    X0 540
    Y0 3
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_wg
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 12
    X0 565
    Y0 3
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_wt
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 13
    X0 590
    Y0 3
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_wx
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 14
    X0 615
    Y0 3
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_wa
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 16
    X0 535
    Y0 446
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_c1
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 17
    X0 560
    Y0 446
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_c2
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 18
    X0 625
    Y0 446
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_cs
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 19
    X0 625
    Y0 446
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_ct
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 21
    X0 533
    Y0 444
    WIDTH 24
    HEIGHT 24
    SELECTABLE FALSE
    TEXTURE GUIselect
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 22
    X0 558
    Y0 444
    WIDTH 24
    HEIGHT 24
    SELECTABLE FALSE
    TEXTURE GUIselect
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 23
    X0 623
    Y0 444
    WIDTH 24
    HEIGHT 24
    SELECTABLE FALSE
    TEXTURE GUIselect
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE BUTTON
    OBJID 24
    X0 510
    Y0 446
    WIDTH 20
    HEIGHT 20
    PICTURE GUIdef_ce
    END

BEGIN
    TYPE IMAGE
    OBJID 25
    X0 508
    Y0 444
    WIDTH 24
    HEIGHT 24
    SELECTABLE FALSE
    TEXTURE GUIselect
    END

Was showing you how since some of your changes can be done yourself, in edit to the graphic and window templates. And if you come up with a neat design to share it. More drastic changes would need Achat to do it themselves. Though graphic changes with button reassignment etc can be done without them in an edit. I do hope you act on it as it is something that you or I, or anyone else can do. Figured if you knew how to edit the files you would try. Hence why I listed how to.

I may do a window/graphic redesign eventually myself. Though college comes first.

So skin away you .. skin away. For those wondering what I mean by skin. Read all the aforementioned texts, you'll get the idea of skin and re-skin.

To work with .dds in a editor you will need a plug-in for it.
    .dds for GIMP : http://registry.gimp.org/node/70
    .dds for PS/Corel : https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.