Skip to content

Ignore not universal

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Ignore not universal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    apollo13nut
    Participant

So I have multiple computers and have AChat on all of them….I noticed that people I ignore on one computer are no longer on ignore on another computer. I think the ignore list should be server side, not local.

CondomGirl
    Participant

This is absolutely a point i fully agree with you!

Could that be done?

I am using AChat on my PC as well as on my laptop.

hentaiboy69
    Participant

When you add someone on ignore list, in the achat directoris will be generated a file: 'personalignorelist.bin'.
    u can copy it on all the computer you have.
    but….i see this ignore list is not linked whit the account but whit the pc, so if you use another account on the same pc, you will have the same ignore list.

@Lover: how to add on your guide an explanation about the backup of ignore list and chat log!?

Lover
    Participant

I see one more big advantage in your idea: If you have to re-install AChat and forget (or don't know) to save your ignore folder first, you have a clean ignore-list. This means, the same members can spam you again…

@HB: I'm not sure, it's not really a point for the forum guide; perhaps it could belong to the quick-start guide we made for the game, though it's more for advanced members?!

Janine Dee
    Participant

Just had a thought as to why it might not be universal… having it stored on their systems would probably mean additional requests to and from their servers for your Ignore list to compare. On your system though  the active Ignoring could be handled entirely by your system. I mean it's not a heavy duty bit of processing, but if it was multiplied by every user on line and then piled on their servers?

apollo13nut
    Participant

Just had a thought as to why it might not be universal… having it stored on their systems would probably mean additional requests to and from their servers for your Ignore list to compare. On your system though  the active Ignoring could be handled entirely by your system. I mean it's not a heavy duty bit of processing, but if it was multiplied by every user on line and then piled on their servers?

Well maybe, but as someone that writes database driven websites, adding an ignore field to the database would be limited “processing power”….it would add to bandwidth more than anything….databases are designed to make thousands of connections at once….this forum is a database, and so is Facebook, Craigslist, IMDB, and several other sites

Janine Dee
    Participant

And here on the Forum we allow stuff time to load, on AChat it would have to be real time. You have the knowledge, so would it NOT slow the AChat program down to have to store it on their end?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.