Skip to content

Info on "mulitple personality disorder" ??

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Info on "mulitple personality disorder" ??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    West69
    Participant

First to be accurate, we now call MPD “Dissociated Identity Disorder”.
    Please I need general info on the following. I attempted to open dialogue with “Micaness”, telling her her profile was intriguing.
    She began with a series of insults, which I thought at first were an RP of some mystical world. When I saw it was mean-spirirted I hit “ignore”

Later I was contacted by a “mireille” who seduced me, then in the middle vomited a series of insults identifying herself as a minion of micaness.
    I hit ignore. A few minutes later, someone by the name of “micasshadow” threatened me that there were “many of them”, and I couldn't hide.

Mostly, I find this mildly amusing, but sad. Can anybody tell me if there is some underground attack group here, and how to recognize them?
    Thanks.

Adera
    Participant

Ahaha, that's so childish. I do wonder what that person is trying to gain from this by acting like that.

hentaiboy69
    Participant

just trying to ruin other peoples fun, i presume! maybe it's a gang of fanatic and psicopatic creature who are trying to invade Achat…..i think we need an inquisitor!
    …..
    …..
    ok, Warhammer 40K – Space Marine is a drug…..

Unhealer
    Participant

you got trolled

West69
    Participant

you got trolled

Yes, I certainly agree. Since I am relatively new to AChat, I just wondered how prevalent this is, and is it that easy to obtain several identities.
    Wouldn't it be an expensive proposition just to try to terrorize people? Also, just from my background, I wondered if there was any quality assurance mechanism to detect these links.

I am still interested if anyone has any info on a way to detect new attackers prior to wasting my time on them? Thanks for all your help. :-*

Janine Dee
    Participant

Welcome to the Interwebs West  . No, they are digital cockroaches, even when you think you've gotten them all one more will skitter into view just in time to ruin your appetite. At least on AChat we have a literal ignore list, if only we could block people like that so easily face to face.

West69
    Participant

Welcome to the Interwebs West  . No, they are digital cockroaches, even when you think you've gotten them all one more will skitter into view just in time to ruin your appetite. At least on AChat we have a literal ignore list, if only we could block people like that so easily face to face.

“Digital cockroaches” skittering into view and ruining your appetite.  Poetic, perceptive, and offered with great panache.
    Thank you, Janine Dee. You put a smile on my face to start the day. :-*

Bear
    Participant

As difficult to rid of too once they creep into your world. Likely multi-accounts for one player not a great conspiracy.

I must remark though,… there is some question of etiquette in naming names one has problem with. It can lead to some seriously flaming in the forums. Luckily avoided here for the most part.

TightFit74
    Participant

Agreed Bear, blatently naming names could set an atmosphere I wouldn't welcome on the forum. The attack group mentioned by West is probably one person, who holds several accounts.
    And there is a limit to how much effort anyone would invest in pestering someone else. Just keep ignoring the ones affiliated to the person you named and it will end in the end… There are some groups formed, but all intended to have fun and to secure some kind of protection is this open and vulnorable environment. Some only room if the one inviting them is referred by a trusted sourse. ut some group to harras people? I assume the person ranting at you had a bad day or does this for fun…

Bear
    Participant

Oh more than likely,… hopefully this harassment flares quick for you West'

Precautionary  actions can be taken, tracking the names of the offenders and copying the chat thread with a date stamp.
    Then report the matter to support.

Abusive troll behavior can ruin the experience here. It looks like your curiosity opened that door.

West69
    Participant

All valid points Bear and TightFit74, so I will refrain from listing names in the future. I did weigh this, but as a risk-to-benefit decision listed them  since you can't really see them coming otherwise. In order to follow-up on your better option, how do I “date-stamp” and save conversations? Thanks.

Bear
    Participant

Certain word processing programs (red lining is a phrase used in legal circles) allow for notations to attach with a date of entry, I probably just should have said track it with a entry date.

Fantasy
    Participant

we are all constantly living and learning..
    education, while can be frustrating, produces knowledge, which we can never have enough of…
    that being said, thanks for all the info, am learning tons in this forum.
    @West
    sorry u had to go thru that. is part of the unpleaseantness of achat. fortunatly, there are several here who override the bad.

JessiCapri
    Participant

I wish I'd been around when this was first posted, but I will comment now in case anyone should once again  encounter this situation.

First let me say that the OP was correct in putting her on his ignore list since she was so obviously combative and rude.

However, I would not just assume this to be the actions of a troll or RP.

Years ago, far off in another land, I met a guy that kept talking about himself in the third person.  We were in a public room and the conversations being had could be read by all.  Most were giggling and laughing over specific things this man was saying.  I cannot tell you now what it was but I picked up on something that made me ask  “How many are there of you?”  When he openly and honestly answered “four” I was shocked.

Let me say that I am not a trained therapist but this guy it seems had had plenty of those.  He, or rather, they, were just looking for a friend to chat with while being completely himself.  He was harmless and a kind soul.  We spent many days/hours over the next couple of years just chatting and I can tell you that it was not role play.  He had a very sad story which is not my story to tell, but like I said, just needed a friend.

So should you come across this situation, and they are not combative/rude, all they need from you is acceptance and kindness.  Do not try to be a therapist as you may cause more damage no matter your good intentions.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.