Skip to content

Search : Improving the search facility in the game

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Search : Improving the search facility in the game

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Janine Dee
    Participant

Yeah, but I’m not big on audience participation. 😛

Rukya
    Participant

I think would be a good idea to be able to search with special characters like* than could make the search more easy.

Sometimes I want to look for a nick but dont remember exaclty the name, only how started or some part of the name. That make imposible to find out.
    Waht I suggest is for example use “Leticia*” in the search and the results would be all user with name starting by Leticia (as mine).

Sorry for my english…

Regards,
    Leticia

hello Leticia and sorry i miss this topic  . i agree with you sometimes its not easy to find names , particulery when its writed like this by exemple : personne_azesdf or personne 236589 ( just exemples) 

hentaiboy69
    Participant

I think would be a good idea to be able to search with special characters like* than could make the search more easy.

Sometimes I want to look for a nick but dont remember exaclty the name, only how started or some part of the name. That make imposible to find out.
    Waht I suggest is for example use “Leticia*” in the search and the results would be all user with name starting by Leticia (as mine).

Sorry for my english…

Regards,
    Leticia

mmmh, not only username who start whit it, but all of them who have that world in it!

sexilicious
    Participant

Why would you want to find a man? 

Well, some women do.  I prefer women, but a man is good once in awhile. 

Men are alot like elephants, nice to look at, but I wouldn't want to own one.

yes but elephants have such a great trunk and men have something like a trunk too just not on the face

NewGurl
    Participant

Keiko, could we have a poll maybe to get this topic out there again. We need to be able to search with wildcard characters, sometimes you know part of the name but not all of it. I cant see where it would be that hard to add, and it woud make it nice to find who we want to.

Lover
    Participant

I'm not sure if a poll is needed. Cause the answer will be unique: 100% vote “yes, we need wildcard search”

I also wanna add a suggestion I made long time ago:
    On the right side of screen you have the arrows to jump forward and back one page. Why don't we have the chance to jump to the last and first page?
    One arrow to the right side: Next page    Two arrows to the right side: Go to last page
    Of course same with left arrows.

mooncalf
    Participant

Hey there…

I could not find a topic to suit my suggestions, so I'm going to put them in this one.  It is kinda along the search line.

I have a couple of suggestions for the search.  Would it be possible for the people who have demonstrated that unique ability to get onto my ignore list to NOT show up in my search results?  I mean, if I ain't gonna to talk to 'em why should I even see 'em?  And… I would love to be able to block some avatars from poppin up on my screen… y'all have to admit, some of them can be annoying.

Another thing, I would like to have the ability to move my friends around in my friends list.  I ain't got many, but the one person I always check to see if he is on or not is at the very end of my list.  I would like the ability to move this person up the list to the first page.

Thanks for looking.

Rukya
    Participant

yes , both your requests are good , and i support these ideas

Lover
    Participant

We have talked very long ago about moving friends on your list. The answer is as simple as poor. It's not able because the lists are automatically sorted by the database. As it's depending on a software it would be possible to change but obiously the A-Team doesn't want it.

Same with people on your ignore-list. They are shown because these people are online. The list is equal for everyone.
    In my opinion it's not really a problem. You recognize them because they have a black star. They can't flood you with invites or messages.

We also asked if it's possible to see your spouse-lover-friends online before all the other ones. But the answer is the same – the list is sorted equal for everyone. Sorry.

SonyaVixen
    Participant

Profile data and search request

we got:
    – name: used correctly
    – sex: used correctly
    – skin: used correctly
    – age: used correctly
    – city: mostly used for something else
    – country: in most cases its used correctly
    – orientation: used correctly
    – character type: used correctly, useful?
    – favorite game: used correctly? useful?
    – description: used correctly

but what we need is something more complex. first at all we need a “speak language” selector where we can show at least the main languages we speak. for example.: English, German, France, Spain, Italy, Russia. this should nearly replace the need of “city and country”. we also need a way to search for the language correctly. currently for searching “German” speaking people you use: german, germany, deutsch, deutschland, austria, österreich, schweiz, switz and many more variations. that makes is nearly impossible to really search for someone speaking your language. that’s just bad

🙁

the orientation should also be enhanced. instead of the current system why not just list all possible room’s? for a female: FM, FF, FS, FFF, FMM, FFM, FFS, FMS, FSS. and let us search for it. that would stop people from using city, country and description for that data.

increase the length of the description a bit to let us put more text in it.

favorite game: is that so useful that it takes half of the space of your profile / search request? anyone using that filter really to search? for me its just a waste of space. maybe using that space for better stuff?

add a switch to hide all “currently in a room” players from the search list. we are most likly not searching for someone that is busy ;O also that switch for the friends and partners list on your own profile would be nice. so that you only see online + available friends / partners there.

on the search menu you got “your profile” on the b-right corner. just add 3 little buttons below that button for own “friends”, “lovers” and “husbands” it’s just bad to have to open your profile first to reach that most important lists.

overall… just improve the UI 😉

Adera
    Participant

Good ideas Sonya, I like them and they would make AChat a lot more manageable.

mrsexlover
    Participant

Great Idea Sonya, lets hope the dev-team listen en improve these things

Lover
    Participant

You made some really good suggestions Sonya.
    Before I forget… welcome back

hentaiboy69
    Participant

I want to join Lover in the welcome, then……well, for someone new around here this is a great topic with lot of interessing idea! i like all of them and the one i want point more is about language: it's not so hard to find italian people like me (well, if they had set “country” in the right way, something i don't had done, lol!) cause at last we write “italy” or “italia” usually, but for other nation like germany, i can understand it's a pain….

I repeat my self…..amazing idea!

Rukya
    Participant

for france we write france so its easy . And i never met someone who write breton or chti or alsacien , 3 variantes of french . So not sure of the use of this option

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.