Skip to content

Interesting Interaction i had with a person on Achat.

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Polls Interesting Interaction i had with a person on Achat.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Janine Dee
    Participant

West, go to the main forum page and go to “Quick Start Guides”, you will see a guide put together by myself and many others here on the forum. It gives a good users eye level view of things.

West69
    Participant

West, go to the main forum page and go to “Quick Start Guides”, you will see a guide put together by myself and many others here on the forum. It gives a good users eye level view of things.

Thank you, Janine Dee. Can I print it out to study? Also, I see you are a “hero” member. Could you explain “hero”?
    It was very kind of you to respond to a beginner.

Adera
    Participant

Those of us that has made over 500 posts at the forum are hero members, it's only a forum thing.

Bear
    Participant

One would think at 2000 posts you would be like at Goddess level  :

TightFit74
    Participant

Indeed it is a forum thing… And they could add some new levels… Janine is the only one that made it to that many posts though. Bear is a good second I think…

West, common courtecy gets you the farthest. There are many complaints from girls that react to an inappropriate approach by male or female (males most of the time). Some even taking action like using the ignore button or putting some kind of warning on their profile page. The old saying: Reap what you sow is also applicable to AChat. Be nice and be treated nice (by courteous people), be an ass and be treated likewise..

Janine Dee
    Participant

Well West, Lover and I were talking about some of the problem people here on AChat, and we hit on the idea that with there being no list of do's and do not's we should go ahead and make one.

So we started it, threw it out there to the rest of the forum to get their input, and then put together the lists you now see.

As far as  the helping out new people…  I'm part of the generation the grew up online and netiquette demands no less.

The 2k… just mean's I'm the chattiest of them all, not sure if that's brag worthy. 

islandsun
    Participant

Me just Had computer 3 yrs new to and learned alot achat was my first adult adventure w cyber never did even chat lines . My computers more for graphics > wood worker artist  > so feel free if im dong any thing wrong plz do tell me not here to distress anyone , but same token no one`s going to step ON this Little Canadian s toes

West69
    Participant

Indeed it is a forum thing… And they could add some new levels… Janine is the only one that made it to that many posts though. Bear is a good second I think…

West, common courtecy gets you the farthest. There are many complaints from girls that react to an inappropriate approach by male or female (males most of the time). Some even taking action like using the ignore button or putting some kind of warning on their profile page. The old saying: Reap what you sow is also applicable to AChat. Be nice and be treated nice (by courteous people), be an ass and be treated likewise..

Thank you all for your input. I am learning a lot by reading the posts, but the focus is on attitude, and in real life I make an effort to always be courteous  and give people the benefit of the doubt. My problem has been my ignorance of the rules and practical use of the various buttons, etc.
    Just to illustrate this and to give you experienced people a laugh, I just spent ten minutes looking for the “quote” area to click before I posted. It took me that long to realize that it doesn't appear until you sign-in. So you see, I might hit 500 posts just on my computer faux paux. 😮 :-[

One thing that is a shame is that once a person hits the “ignore” button, they close off communication. While this is certainly justified for stalkers and mean-spirited people, it eliminates the chance for newbies to apologize and explain, not to mention learn why the person was accidentally offended. Maybe for the first few days you could issue an emoticon to those of us who are learning. Not sure how to draw the face, “I am new, harmless and stupid. Teach me please.” Thanks again.  

Janine Dee
    Participant

Not a bad idea. Though I know a great many on here only use the ignore when you act to a level beyond mere misunderstandings, I HAVE also met many who seemed very “quick on the trigger” when it came to ignore.

So yeah, a newbie badge for say the first week might not be a bad idea.

kittenlepurr
    Participant

One thing that is a shame is that once a person hits the “ignore” button, they close off communication. While this is certainly justified for stalkers and mean-spirited people, it eliminates the chance for newbies to apologize and explain, not to mention learn why the person was accidentally offended. Maybe for the first few days you could issue an emoticon to those of us who are learning. Not sure how to draw the face, “I am new, harmless and stupid. Teach me please.” Thanks again.  

With all due respect West69 it doesn't take much to realise whether you have been insulting or not it requires you to think “How could this be interpreted?” before actually typing it. If it has the potential to offend people then don't.

Personally i have very little patience for people that are insulting. I will usually say whether I am offended however. When it comes to the point where my tolerance is gone is where i press ignore on someone.

Being new is NEVER an excuse in my opinion we are all new at one point but that doesn't mean we are too stupid to think anyone with a little experience in chatting realises that things they can say can and will be misinterpreted. So do not try it.

Ultimately for me though if i barely know the person it comes down to this …
    1. They dont know me, I know me.
    2. If they want to judge thats their issue not mine.
    3. I dont have to tolerate anything if i dont have to.
    4. This is supposed to be fun if its not I can log off or ignore the person.
    5. Text on the screen is just that. Nothing more.

islandsun
    Participant

Me  been here a long time and still have no one on my ignore list, use to dealing w lots of people,they are who they are for what ever reason that made them that way ! But I still take no crap from them ,leaves door open incase they might come around to say a nice hello !

kittenlepurr
    Participant

I found its much better to ignore but i can see the virtue in your approach islandsun. I am sure you can understand the approach i take.

Unhealer
    Participant

i ignore if i get 2 cold invites in a row, that tells me they're idiots

hentaiboy69
    Participant

there is a lot of idiot, then! 

islandsun
    Participant

Who am i to judge anyone how they deal w situations > do what you feel is right and in youe comfort zone .

Can be grossly crude on achat hehehehee they just wanta wank off ! choke their chicken sorta speak LOL

hehehee This is peanuts compared what `i`ve been through !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.