Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Upgrades and newly added features New Forum is a Joke

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    JessiCapri
    Participant

Having waited months it is rather disappointing to learn how little value Achat puts on the forum and the users.

We have been personally attacked by some uers saying WE asked for this. WE are not responsible for this and your acknowledgment of same would be appreciated as would SOME feedback as to what exactly your intentions are.

Will we get PM back? Search mode? Anything?

I spent time and effort requesting many to be patient. Now I am out of patience and await some kind of response from you.

Vaughan

Come on Achat… its all very frustrating, Give us our forum tools & PM back.

Thanks.

Vaughan

I was on holiday for a few days & am disappointed that the forum tools & PM are still omitted from this forum.
    Come on Achat, time for us to have our basic facilities back…
    For what reason are you holding on to them?
    You are killing the place by making it too hard to engage.

I messaged them to ask for our tools back.
    Fingers crossed.
    I will of course post here, with any reply.

Vaughan

I have had a reply from Achat in respect to the Old Forum but have requested again for the user tools here to be turned back on.

Hi,
    sorry, the old forum engine cannot be used any more as it was absolutely not Google friendly.
    Regards,
    AChat support

JessiCapri
    Participant

Achat then perhaps you chose the wrong engine to switch too. Being on other forums I can say that they too have switched a couple of times and wisely chose one that kept all the same tools, preserved the history and added new features. There are many different formats available.

By choosing this one you have effectively destroyed years worth of effort and activity and halted anything further taking place on these pages.

Any chance of picking a new format since this one clearly does not work?

Thank you Vaughan for your efforts.

Vaughan

No answer as yet.

Come on Achat, we need our forum tools back – the insert image, fonts, colour, more than one pic/link per post etc…

People are giving up as its too hard to post.

Kaitlyn1989
    Participant

Hi V *hugz* I’m pretty sure they’ve “answered” just not in the way expected. Their inaction is clear n loud… the Forum is NOT a priority, it’s unimportant & superfluous. As are WE it’s members… a Gang of maybe a dozen?

This Forum started dying a LONG time ago… not because of the Devs, but apathy. Our numbers never a majority but our members were passionate, engaging & active allowing this Forum to thrive. The sense of community i once felt… gone. Only the “usual Suspects” giving it a pulse.

Nothing’s designed to last forever, knowing that doesn’t make it easier to let go… but does make the memories and peeps precious. So wither n dye it might… but its essence is eternal to me

Goodbye Forum & Thank You… for my priceless gift, Andrea

KinTao_
    Participant

Maybe i am stupid but i not even can change my email adress.
    The next thing is i do not know wher i can change my avatar pic.

All in all i dont use the forum often but what i would change is

1. the size of chars are much to small
    2. here that pink background with lightgray textcolor is pain in the a….

Sure i also could use an addon for browser but is that the solution?
    Other thing is to change the board software.
    There are some even for free like phpBB or myBB.
    One of the best is also XenForo but that costs a little.
    Here you can compare some:
    https://www.forummatrix.org/

Michelle989
    Participant

I have sent an Olive branch of love to invite members to Achat Friends on discord. I admit although we have many members from Achat there now it is not used the way I had hoped for members to keep in touch when they can’t be online. But I won’t give up on it, we certainly have more Boys than Girls there so ladies are particularly welcome to join, perhaps us as community minded women can make it work better

Love 💗 hugs 🤗 Kisses 💋 Michelle

Vaughan

We now have a Forum PM with “Contact” under your name on the left of your post.
    Its still a work in progress, I’m not sure how we can search mem bers yet but when I find out or you do, please post it

Vaughan

@ Kate, please don’t leave. Dont give up yet.

Hi Kintao,

Send a ticket to support, explaining your situation and I’m sure with a few security questions answered correctly, you will be able to change your email on your Achat account.
    Support is found on the menu bar, top right of this page before Shop.
    Good Luck.
    Let us know how you get on.

How to change your avatar pic
    1. Go to Shop – top right.
    2. Log in
    3. Click on “Show profile” under Gallery – top menu bar
    4. Click on “Character picture upload” on the right under “Account Management”
    5. To upload a pic you have to – have a valid subscription ; be a paid user on at least 1 occasion ; And have enough A$ in your account. It costs 99A$ to upload a pic.
    6. It will tell you if you are eligible to upload a custom character picture. To do this, simply accept the agreement (tick the box) and follow the instructions.
    Your account will be charged A$99 for each new character picture.
    7 If you have several images already, to swap your profile pic over just click on “”Manage my uploaded pics”
    8. Click on “Select” under the pic you want and this will change your profile pic in the game.
    9. Refresh the game by logging in and out. Your new pic should show.
    10. If it doesn’t, repeat the process in case its a glitch. If still no joy, report the issue to “Support” who should be able to resolve the problem

The suggestions are good ideas.
    I have issues with bright screens so use DARK READER. its a free download. Here – https://darkreader.org/

Zuzannah
    Participant

To search for people it’s the last Button (far right) says Directory.

Thing is I have to go to a thread and click on Contact to get the P.M screen up. Is there a way around this ?

Thought it might be in my profile, but it isn’t. Still, nice to have the option again.

Zuzannah
    Participant

@Kin

Try this to change Email.

Go to your profile (Click your name at top of Forum) Logged in to forum as:

Your profile should come up and click edit, last one down. I’ve just had a quick looksie and there is an option to change it and a password too. I haven’t tried it myself though. Don’t blame me if it doesn’t work. 😗

JessiCapri
    Participant

I’d have thought by now that the annoyance of having to refresh the page after submitting in order to see my post would have been corrected. This should not be a difficult task. Bad enough codes need to be used to post a simple JPG image. Come on Achat.

Vaughan

No news or update yet on the forum tools (insert image ; bolding ; italics ; colours ; fonts etc..) We have them in PM but not forum posts.

No news on increase in number of pics/links to a post.

No news on posting and seeing your post after “submitting” without refreshing.
    Interestingly, posting a song imbeds and works fine. You post the link and the thread refreshes automatically which is what we would like in normal forum posting.

Come on Achat… fix these annoyances.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.