Skip to content

New game: AChat paper chase

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Events New game: AChat paper chase

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Brandybee
    Participant

Thank you for all your kind words & ideas to improve this game welcomed at the end of Paper Chase 

May I remind all teams  to PM your answers to both  me & Lover.

That way if one of us is off line, it will reduce the time you wait for your next riddle.   

You are all doing extremely well & keeping us busy. I have had to wade through 20 plus PM's every time I come on.

If any of you are waiting for riddles, please check that two of your team mates  have PM'd both Lover & I with your last answers. TY

You can put more than one name  , up to 10 names, I think  in   the  To  and  CC  boxes.

Lover
    Participant

Each time has solved riddle 5! It was another busy day for everyone but each team is great It's still exciting and we're not able to say what team will win in the end.

Riddle 5:
    There is a special “room” you have to go to. The riddle on this website gives you the clue:
    http://wiibob7975.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/pirate-riddle.png

Each room has a special number of walls. On one of these walls you find a “book” of another designer. This designer says there is a book, which every member of AChat has to read. Which book is he talking about?
    Morta fear by Greg Iles (just title was asked)

Scores after  Riddle 5……

IdleVice 50 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 37 Points
    Guerrieri 26 Points
    Party boobytrap 17 Points

Hint: No team has used the joker

I've got the feeling the next score will come soon

sexilicious
    Participant

I agree with Stone a BIG thank you to Lover and Brandy. This has probably been the most fun and sometimes frustrating time on achat. I love having puzzles to solve etc for I love to use my brain. If only it hadn't started when my brain was dead from work might be further than we are now so you are lucky IdleVice  If for the next time you do take more people to help run it put my name in the hat too. I could come up with some fun ones I'm sure hehehe.

Brandybee
    Participant

Each Team has solved  Riddle 5.  All teams are working very hard to make Paper Chase a success and we appreciate your hard work and dedication. 

Riddle 6

There is another book talked about which really smells good. It's a sin that an ex member of forum never has read it. 

Answer  :-  Perfume  by Patrick Susskind,    Member is sinnnn.

Scores after  Riddle 6 …

IdleVice 60 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 42 Points
    Guerrieri 34  Points
    Party boobytrap  20 Points

Keep up the good work 

Brandybee
    Participant

The teams are doing extremely well  especially with those tricky questions.   Good Work all.   :-*

Riddle 7

Tightfit74 has posted in this topic. Beside reading and designing he had another big talent. Also he encouraged other members to follow his path. What did he do for the first time in forum?

This one could have multiple answers and we accepted anyone of them: –

Tightfit74 also had a talent for writing.  He encouraged everyone to write, and he gave us:

“The collected stories of Tightfit74”  which was the first time anyone grouped their stories together in one place.

And he also was the first to write a story that had puzzles to be solved before we got the next chapter:

“A Mystery… ”   and the unfinished  “The Caper of the Capricious Coitus”   .

But the biggest thing,   he started was the “Erotic Story Contest”   

We were actually hoping the clue ” First Time “  would hint at the latter one. 

Scores after Riddle 7 ….

IdleVice 70 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 50  Points
    Guerrieri 39  Points
    Party boobytrap  23 Points

Good Luck everyone.    :-*

Lover
    Participant

I knew it will be a busy night… seems the chase has begun. Who knows the winner? We don't know…

Riddle 8
    Which “spirited flyer” has written stories for the contest?
    The one and only wonderful best female mod ever…. Brandybee

Scores after Riddle 8 ….

IdleVice 80 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 55  Points
    Guerrieri 47  Points
    Party boobytrap  26 Points

Don't give up… there are a few riddles left

Lover
    Participant

Just posted score after 8 riddles, sit down, breathe, take a coffee and… wait.. what's this? The next correct answer

Riddle 9
    Don't forget – it's just a game. But nevertheless keep your eyes open. Some members might have a clue without knowing it. But if you see numbers between 10 and 19 you're on the right way to a country. Don't cry for me when you don't recognize it at one. (Anagram)
    Argentina

Scores after Riddle 9 ….

IdleVice 90 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 63  Points
    Guerrieri 52  Points
    Party boobytrap  29 Points

So many riddles, so many answers, so little sleep…LMAO

Rukya
    Participant

hmmm 9 games and they earned 90 pts , i bet that the future winners are yet in first place

tangoracer
    Participant

I may be thick but can you explain to me how the points are given out
    I thought it was the time between getting the riddle to the teams and the time they send there 2 answers to you.
    Or is it just the first to get given the riddle and answer it.

Anonymous

This game definitely brought some adrenaline to the forum

Thanks Brandy and Lover and WTG for the efforts you are putting in

Thanks HB and Covems, I know I'm not holding the pace with you and I keep trailing but thanks to you 2 we are still in the race !

Lover
    Participant

Thanks jondas yes, it absolutely brought some adrenaline and it's amazing for us.

@ tango:

I may be thick but can you explain to me how the points are given out
    I thought it was the time between getting the riddle to the teams and the time they send there 2 answers to you.
    Or is it just the first to get given the riddle and answer it.

The points are given in the sequence of the correct answers. You get points when two members of the team have sent the correct answer.
    But you're giving me an idea. Perhaps for the next game we can give extra points if our next riddle is delayed to a team.

Covems
    Participant

Howdies…

I am thoroughly enjoying this chase through AChat and the Forum… and it really is a chase and a race.

I hope everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am… and I would like to thank Lover and Miss Brandy for their time and effort in making this possible.  It has to be a lot of work sifting through the messages and getting the next riddle out in a timely manner.  I also want to thank those taking part in the game, and even those who are lurking. 

I do have a couple of suggestions to make, but I will wait until we're having our review.  I don't want to confuse anyone.  I would like to know if the two directors are saving the riddle answering messages.  We might be able to make use of those messages during the review.

Lover
    Participant

Fantastic Covems It is a lot of “work”, but Brandy and i are loving to do it. Each compliment is the prize for our effort and makes us smiling.

We save each answer, the wrong and the right ones. Of course we also noted some ideas for improvement but are grateful for each suggestion we get. Not only from those who are taking part but also from those who are just reading for now. Finally it's a common thing and we want to repeat it with more members of our nice village

tangoracer
    Participant

Yes I agree with everyone it's a great game and a big thank you to Brandy & Lover for all the great work that your putting into the game.
    Lets hope we get more teams for the next round and get more people involved.

@ Lover
    I understand about you get the points when your second team member gives in the MP

what I was asking was about the timings of the riddle to answer

Lover sends mails to all teams  12:00

team  A answers        12:35  =35mins  =10 points      Lover  sends mail  12:40
    team  B answers        12:50  =50mins  =8  points      Lover  sends mail  13:00
    team  C answers        13:10  =70mins  =6  points      Lover  sends mail  14:30

team  A answers          14:40  =120mins  =6  points    Lover sends mail  14:45
    team  B answers          14:50  =110mins  =8  points    Lover sends mail  14:55
    team  C answers          15:10  =40mins    =10 points    Lover sends mail  17:30

So the points are give for the time the team takes to solve the Riddle

OR IS IT

Lover sends mails to all teams  12:00

team  A answers        12:35  =35mins  =10 points      Lover  sends mail  12:40
    team  B answers        12:50  =50mins  =8  points      Lover  sends mail  13:00
    team  C answers        13:10  =70mins  =6  points      Lover  sends mail  14:30

team  A answers          14:40  =120mins  =10  points    Lover sends mail  14:45
    team  B answers          14:50  =110mins  =8    points    Lover sends mail  14:55
    team  C answers          15:10  =40mins    =6    points    Lover sends mail  17:30

Or get the Riddle first answer first to win the round?????

My personal thoughts are it should be done on time taken to solve the riddle not first come first finished.

Lover I hope I have over stepped the mark asking this 

sexilicious
    Participant

if we did something like that though say team A answered Riddle 5 right before logging off then everyone works and is about 19 hours later when they can continue doesn't seem to be fair because they weren't on to do stuff for the riddles. Should they have a lower score just because they weren't on to keep going because of real life taking over

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.