Skip to content

New game: AChat paper chase

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Events New game: AChat paper chase

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Lover
    Participant

Thanks Tango… and we agree, we hope to get more members for the next paper chase (puuh… means more work too…lol).

The points are given by the sequence of the correct answer. We don't stop the time a team is taking to solve it.

All teasm get riddle 1 at 12:00.
    Team a answers 12:15 = 10 points and the next riddle is send to them asap
    Team b answers 12:20 = 8 points and the next riddle is send asap
    Team c answers 12:40 = 5 points and the next riddle is send asap

Riddle 2:
    Team b answers 13:15 (1:15pm) = 10 points
    Team c answers 13.30 (1:30pm) = 8 points
    Team a asnwers 14:00 (2:00pm) = 5 points

Lover
    Participant

This is the score after 10 riddles… but we can tell you, it's just a snapshot. Many things have happened during the last 24 hours

Riddle 10
    What has wings,
    But can not fly.
    Is enclosed,
    But can outside also lie.
    Can open itself up,
    Or close itself away.
    Is the place of kings and queens,
    And doggerel of every means.
    What is it upon which I stand?
    Which can lead us to different lands.
    A stage. Some have discovered it as the stage of AChat Bar & Grill, which was accepted too.

Scores after Riddle 10:

IdleVice 95 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 66  Points
    Guerrieri 60  Points
    Party boobytrap  39 Points

Things ain't what they seem to be

mrsexlover
    Participant

My compliments to Lover and Brandy for this game, keep up the good work.

As mentioned by others before, those 2 need help the next time, the simple thing is my teammates and me had about 1 hour time together to solve riddles because of work and time differance. We solved a riddle in the first 5 minutes and pm´ed it to lover and brandy, in hope we get the next soon, but during that hour both never came online to give us the next. Our team my have had a headstart but it´s going down quick when reallife kicks in and you got stuck on waiting for a anwser.

Lover
    Participant

One step closer to the final riddle, but still some steps to go

Riddle 11
    A) Where do you find a stage in Forum?
    This stage was given a special name in someone's memory. What is the name?
    C? Why is it so apt? 
    Note: Answers to A,B & C  to be answered, together, as one question and forwarded when answered by PM to Lover & Brandybee.
    Answers:
    A) The Achat Bar & Grill  ( AB&G ) 
    THE DORIS BAR MEMORIAL STAGE 
    C) Doris & Stanley Grill are the AB&G ghosts who were excellent ball room dancers in their time,especially the waltz and were the previous owners of the AB&G, hence , the Bar & Grill surnames. Their portrait dancing is above the stage.

The complete story of c:
    Over 100 years ago they owned the AChat Bar & Grill.  They were brilliant ballroom dancers and loved to dance the Waltz on stage and on the dance floor. Their portrait hangs over the AB&G stage in memory of their lives and dancing and the AB&G connection , hence The Doris Bar Memorial Stage. Unfortunately following a holiday in England, they sailed from Southampton back to New York on their way home. They sailed  on the Titanic ocean liner. They perished that fateful night, but their mischievous spirits haunt the bar to this day.

Scores after Riddle 11:

IdleVice 98 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 71  Points
    Guerrieri 68  Points
    Party boobytrap  49 Points

Lover
    Participant

Thanks mrsexlover

You're right. We understand it's a pain in the ass when you're waiting for the next riddle and it doesn't come. Brandy and i give our best to be on as long as often but sometimes there is a break.
    It's not really solace but each team had this delay and in most of time the next riddle was given within few minutes.
    But this is one point that really needs improvement.

mrsexlover
    Participant

I was just thinking, it might be a option to wait till all teams have solved a riddle before sending a new one.

for example the last team finish it's riddle on 5 pm GMT. The next riddle would be posted the next day on a fixed time. This could be 1 PM GMT  to give all players a fair change to win the next one.

All teams have european and american members. Normaly the Europeans would be at work at that time and for the americans it would be early morning or even still night.

It's just a thought so let me hear what you all think about it.

Anonymous

Some riddles give a hell of a reading to do! arent you Brandy and Lover trying to get us addicted to the erotic stories section? :p

Stone
    Participant

You could be right,  you know she is the new Erotic Story Manager right?

Really enjoying this game,  congrats to the Teams and the excellent work and thoughtful questions set by the organisers.

Lover
    Participant

What's wrong to be addicted in erotic stories? 

Info for the casual reader of this game:
    One team has got the last riddle and might finish it between next minutes. So all teams have got a message about an extra riddle. They can get bonus points for solving it during the other riddles. Also one rule was changed a bit

Lover
    Participant

Riddle 12
    It started small with an idea in a fashion house about a band and then coupled with an offer of a pint in romantic mode. The place for friendship and frivolity was born  that was nurtured & grew and spawned a tradition that to this day is still the order of the day for all newcomers who  step through the doors. What is this wonderful tradition?
    First drink is for free

Scores after Riddle 12:

IdleVice 101 Points
    Nat Flow Racers 76  Points
    Guerrieri 76  Points
    Party boobytrap  59 Points

WOW.. look at this score… IdleVice has burst 100 points, Nat Flow Racers and Guerrieri have a draw and Party boobytrap is coming up with big steps So good!

hentaiboy69
    Participant

jeez….this game was a real marathon! we ad explore lot of place in the forum, answered to easy and hard riddles and at last……all in 4 days!

And, last but not least, fulfilled our message board! 

Nat33
    Participant

Hello,
    This game is a torture. Now I'll go in room all night and Fuck, fuck, fuck fuck….

Thank you to the organizers 

tangoracer
    Participant

YES great game but my head hurts. You need to have a team with all active player to give a better chance and help with the riddles.

And a Big thanks again to all the hard work that Brandy and Lover has put into the game 

Covems
    Participant

Congratulations to the Directors, Miss Brandy and Lover for a well run game, and a unique bit of fun here in AChat land.  Congratulations to all the participants, too… your involvement and enthusiasm made the game a lot of fun and a challenge to compete in.

Now that the game is finished, we should have a review of the game.  A critique if you will, on the things we noticed that could be changed or even somethings that could be added to the game.

One thing that I noticed and took advantage of…  When the correct answer is sent in to the Directors, the Director's reply should only be to the individual who sent in the riddle's answer.  I found all I had to do was sit and wait for the reply to the correct answer, then send in mine to “second” the answer.

Miss Stone and I had a discussion about making a change to the scoring system, and we came up with something like this:  We could use the same idea of the speed of the correct answers, and which team answers first, but split the answers.  The first to answer scores certain amount of points, and the corresponding “second” answer from the same team scores a certain amount of points.  Each based on the place the answers come to the Directors.

Something like this:

5 points for the first correct answer
    4 points for second
    3 for third
    2 for fourth
    1 for fifth

5 for the first “second” or corresponding correct answer from a team
    4 for the second “second” corresponding answer
    3 for the third    “ditto”
    2 for the fourth  “ditto”
    1 for the fifth    “ditto”

then add them together for the team total.

Example with five teams:

Team A:  (1 & 3) sends in the first correct answer and the third corresponding “second” answer for a team total of 8 points.

Team B:  (2 & 5) sends in the second correct “first” answer for 4 points and the fifth corresponding “second” answer for a team total of 5 points.

Team C:  (3 & 4) sends in the third correct “first” answer and the fourth corresponding “second” answer for a team total of 5 points.

Team D:  (4 & 2) sends in the fourth correct “first” answer and the second corresponding “second” answer for a team total of  6 points.

Team E:  (5 & 1) sends in the fifth correct “first” answer and the first corresponding “second” answer for a team total of 5 points.

So the most points a team can score is 10 and the least amount is 2.  Of course this will mean a little more work for the Directors of the contest. 

For an added twist to the anagrams… it might be fun to allow the person who is posting the word for gathering the letters to use with the Anagram, to scramble the word. 
    For example:  In my case, I had three words.  3 RAGE … MAG_C and WON_ER. 
    I could have scrambled them something like this:
    GEAR (needs to be unscrambled)
    CAG_M (needs to be unscrambled)
    WRO_NE (needs to be unscrambled)

sexilicious
    Participant

That would definitely make the anagrams more of a challenge especially for the words similar to S_OW that we had this time around where the possible answers were sLow, sHow, sTow, and sNow and if it was to unscramble the W_OS oh my goodness there could be tons of possible answers if we get the right combination of letters. Could definitely make it more challenging.

P.S. haven't seen the rest of the riddles posted Covems so how do we know that it really is done maybe there is some still working on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.