Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Out of the Darkness. Mental Health issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bear
    Participant

AN old post I made  several years ago which in this seaon of hholiday and the stress of of lockdowns is probably even more relevent.

https://afsp.org/

A helpful link if you are troubled and need to talk online.
    It is an  American link, and I hope that those of our international community might jump in and provide more current information for your particulat area.

Stay safe all ( and I will jump in later to modify the post as my screen is pretty much washed out by sunlight.)

Vaughan

Dont despair. There is light at the end of this Covid tunnel.

Covid vaccine: UK woman becomes first in world to receive Pfizer jab
    Margaret Keenan, 90, given approved vaccine to start mass coronavirus immunisation programme

uk-covid-vaccine-first-patient.jpg

UK  helpline.

MIND – for better mental health
    Infoline: 0300 123 3393
    Email: info@mind.org.uk
    Text: 86463

Infoline provides an information and signposting service. Open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).

Ask about:

mental health problems
    where to get help near you
    treatment options
    advocacy services.

Stone
    Participant

These numbers are important and so are family and friends.
    We have been in lockdown or severely restricted movements for almost a year now and taking care of mental health is just as important as your physical wellbeing. 

We all have good and bad days.  Remember people are there to help and even famous people suffer so you are not alone. Talking about it and not burying it all helps.

Here's a song about mental health and how her brother helps her.

Everything I wanted – Billie Eilish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7KQYBWh8EY

[img width=400]https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/584eaa681200009509eeeca4.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale[/img]

Bear
    Participant

With the continued restrictions still in place in many areas I thought it necessary to bump this topic.

Additionally for any who are caught in abuse situations which has risen in this past year I strongly urge you to reach out and talk with someone. don't turn a blind eye and accept abuse as a norm.

Times are stressful, but everyone deserves a healthy relationship.

In the United States the National Domestic Violence Hotline is there to help.

Use it…

Their phone number is 1-800-799-7233.

Whether its yourself or a relative or friend they can provide you support and direction in a time of crisis.

JessiCapri
    Participant

In 2020 alone, the U.S. had one death by suicide about every 11 minutes—and for people aged 10-34 years, suicide is a leading cause of death.

“988” is the new, as of last month, three-digit, nationwide (USA) phone number to connect directly to the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. By calling or texting 988, you’ll connect with mental health professionals with the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

Veterans can press “1” after dialing 988 to connect directly to the Veterans Crisis Lifeline which serves our nation’s Veterans, service members, National Guard and Reserve members, and those who support them. For texts, Veterans should continue to text the Veterans Crisis Lifeline short code: 838255.

There is hope. There is always hope.

Vaughan

I think this topic is really important.
    Mental Health is as important as our Physical Health.

One of our UK wildlife programmes, has started to include 90 seconds in their programme of wildlife sounds and pics, its one of my favourite parts.
    When I’m working at home, I often listen to birdsongs now as well as the radio. It works. It reminds you to slow down and smell the roses.

Anyway, here are some useful numbers for those who may need more, than a fix of nature and wildlife.

If you are experiencing feelings of distress and isolation, or are struggling to cope, The Samaritans offers support.
    You can speak to someone for free over the phone and in confidence, on 116 123 (UK and ROI),
    email jo@samaritans.org, or
    visit the Samaritans website to find details of your nearest branch.

If you are based in the USA, and you or someone you know needs mental health assistance right now, call National Suicide Prevention Helpline on 1-800-273-TALK (8255). The Helpline is a free, confidential crisis hotline that is available to everyone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If you are in another country, you can go to http://www.befrienders.org to find a helpline near you.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.