Skip to content

Game Idea. Possible Chat rooms in Achat?

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Game Idea. Possible Chat rooms in Achat?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bazzamac
    Participant

Hi fellow Achatters. I’ve not had time to thoroughly read all the topics so my apologies if there is a simular post.

I have been a member now for about 2 months and i find Achat great fun. Recently a “General chat” feature was added but then removed, though i believe it is being restored at a later date.

After participating in the general chat i found it was good fun and great way to interact, though there are some people on general chat who use it completely different to me. (ie advertising for sex etc.)

I completely understand that everyone is different and use this site in many different ways and it is everyones right to do so (though no one has the right to abuse!)

I also believe many users get fed up with chatters who are abusive (sexual or otherwise) so i thought of a suggestion that maybe the administers could give us the option of using different rooms for different discussions which are suitable for the user. Maybe the user can even create his/her own room which is common to a lot of chat sites.

So then for example we could have english, spannish, french room etc. which will solve the language problems.
    or
    a clean chat room, joke room…and so on etc..

there can even be a room where people who are incapable of using vocabulary can just ask people to f**k so then they can find their perfect partner without offending anyone! (sorry, had to put that in! lol)

Well i hope maybe it could be possible to do this and please leave comments (in favour or against) and any other suggestions regarding chat rooms that you have.

Thanks for your time and sorry to drag on..
    Bazzamac x

Janine Dee
    Participant

Your fine Bazzamac, and welcome. As far as your idea, it already had strong support even before general chat had been implemented (back when we just wanted an open chat channel option). I was one of those who supported it. They could give options like rooms by language, orientation, you name it. Though in those early discussions it was thought they wouldn't get TOO specialized because the whole idea was to get people talking to each other.

tom
    Participant

You could notice, that we had 4 rooms in the public chat.
    And 3 of them were practically empty the whole time….

Janine Dee
    Participant

Agreed, but “Romantic Love” is nebulous while  “German Chat” points to a very specific crowd.

And “Nasty Bitches” *I* respond poorly to being called a bitch.

A more effective idea may be user created rooms, because then you KNOW someone would be interested since they bothered to make the room in the first place.

Not to mention that empty channels could be closed down.

Adera
    Participant

I think “Naughty Girls” would have worked better.

bazzamac
    Participant

Thanks for your replies..
    Tom…I'm fairly new so i don't think the chat rooms were here when i joined about 2 months ago. Maybe there were less members at that time? I agree with Janine's comment about user created rooms because people will find suitable rooms for their needs. As in real life users here form groups of friends so it would be nice to chat with groups of friends and i'm sure it will be popular. (plus i agree with janine's reasons). I am a memeber of a chat site which has user created rooms and it is very popular and always growing. Not sure if you have tried it this way before but if not maybe it is worth a trial. I know you work hard making this site fun and enjoyable and you do a great job.  Thanks.. Bazzamac.

Janine… It seems you already had the same idea before me and i fully support your idea for user created rooms for the exact reasons you mentioned. Thanks.. Bazzamac

bazzamac
    Participant

I think “Naughty Girls” would have worked better.

LOL..you get the idea Adera

Unhealer
    Participant

the multiple chat rooms were kind of hidden, not really but i can see a number of people just completely overlooking them because of their placement.

Janine Dee
    Participant

Unhealer makes a very good point. It could be argued it wasn't there long enough for people to realize those other three channels were there. They could have just seen General Chat and On/Off.

Adera
    Participant

I think the ones seeking partners and such had better success rate in the General Chat because everyone where there. I also think that the ones chatting didn't bother to move themselves to another room as it would be to much trouble and there they could't laugh at the ones advertising themselves like machines on repeat.

Bear
    Participant

I am of the opinion it was an experiment that was cut way too short. Tom you should have let it ride longer, see if the channels would have settled out with better usage. General chat was a fantastic idea, the only improvement might have been as noted to offer regional or language specific channels,

I would definitely rename “Naughty bitches” though,..too many would think of it as insulting.

Would be nice to see the user created chat room as Janine suggested,…and I have mentioned before, perhaps as an avatar room,…a hot tub let's say for general chat.

Adera
    Participant

I guess that would be a pool sized hot tub then

Bear
    Participant

Janine's pool party,…
    What ever happened to that thread?

bazzamac
    Participant

Good response from everyone 
    WoW! A hot tub in Achat! how unique!!  :

Was there really a room called “naughty bitches?”  😮  Not surprised it never worked if there was! lol

Another good reason for rooms is that  it's a better way to introduce yourself  to a group rather than 1 to 1 private message. In a room people can just watch the conversation and then join in when they like and you will know the person you are chatting to is available to chat. It's difficult to pm because the person doesn't know what you are like, especially as lots of women get harrassed and also you never know if that person is busy. I always try and add things when i 1st message, trying to relate to their status comments or any details i see. I even try role play introductions if i see they like RP but sometimes i think the receiver just thinks i'm a weirdo!! lol 
    But the problem is if no one responds i am never sure if it's because they just ignoor or if they are away at that time. So in a chat room you know they are there.

I definately think user created rooms is the best way. Maybe for example if i created a room i could have chat invitation where i can invite people to my room just for chat? simular to normal invite system but it's just for chat. If someone wants to join my room they can have a request option to join my room where i can accept. And also an option for a user to kick anyone out their room. This way the user can control their room and keep everyone happy.

Hope i'm not getting too far ahead of myself! lol

Bazzamac

Janine Dee
    Participant

It died from lack of interest.  :'(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.