Skip to content

Programmer’s annoyance

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Polls Programmer’s annoyance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    apollo13nut
    Participant

OK, this is more cause I am a programmer and every class I was in teaches “proper form”

When you have a form that allows for MULTIPLE selections (btw, talking partner search specifically), you use CHECKBOXES…when you are making a SINGLE choice, you use RADIOBUTTONS

And what does the partner search use? RADIO BUTTONS FOR MULTIPLE!!!!!

Also, why is the version number at the bottom right the SAME BETWEEN GRAPHIC UPDATES? (if anyone has the OLD system and logs in without updating, you’ll see it says 1.12 and the NEW one says the same)

This is major, doesn’t affect the game in any way, just if I was turning this game in for a grade, I’d lose points for the improper use of radio buttons instead of check boxes

Any other programmers out there?

Anonymous

Oh, the misuse of specific UI controls and inconsistent version numbers are so very minor flaws to design and implementation problems I can see in here. I admit I also saw both of these things before, but I'm having a lot harder to accept the way they don't give us enough information about what's going on and don't let us know when they've listened to our feedback here on the forums. Maybe not a programming mistake as such, but probably one of the most important aspects of software engineering all in all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.