Skip to content

Forum Game. Quiz: Movie and music titles (remake from Quiz…)

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Forum Game. Quiz: Movie and music titles (remake from Quiz…)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Janine Dee
    Participant

No clue, but I figured it might help someone narrow it down.

Anonymous

but see Lover, most of the people playing with you here are from the US, so we would not know European hits all that well

Lover
    Participant

ok bobbler, I understand. Please understand, that European members do not know what has been a hit in US and what doesn't. But I see, I found a really difficult question…

My suggestion: If anybody knows one song of them, he shall go on.

Janine Dee
    Participant

I could name two. Relax (which you mentioned) and Two Tribes (which I hinted at from GTA:VC).

Though I would also say you could disqualify those two because we both hinted at them, and say any one besides them.

Either way your point about US vs Euro hits is a valid one, I mean not everyone on this board is from the US and will still expect our European friends to get all of our references?

Handle it how you will Lover, but I say you get a point for stumping the Forum.

Bear
    Participant

Legit question,…and  a good tough one,,,definite point to Lover on this one.

Lover
    Participant

You gave two songs Janine, so it's your turn. The one I was asking for is called “Warriors of the wasteland” you can watch it here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfuNW1QL3Wc

Janine Dee
    Participant

“It's a trick, get an axe!”

bufftee22
    Participant

New to this forum…love the idea i think i know what ur film is Janine..I think its Army of Darkness?….my dad used to watch it alot.

Janine Dee
    Participant

You are correct buftee. I became a Bruce Campbell fan back when he was on Xena, and loved his stuff ever since. The guy is comedic gold. You turn to pick a quote.

bufftee22
    Participant

“After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that… he is gone”

sinnnn
    Participant

hmmm The Usual Suspects?  I owned the dvd but I could have sworn that line was in another movie too.

mikki
    Participant

sinnnn, you're not alone in that feeling. I am almost certain I have heard that same line elsewhere, but haven't found it yet either. This will drive me batty till I find it. The dangers of OCD, I get an idea in my head and can't let go of it till it proves itself out one way or the other.

So far two references: One  I find is in the lyrics of Verbal Klint, by Link 80, and it is not the complete quote. Only part of it
                    Two is the poet Baudelaire :
    This was first said by the famous French poet Baudelaire in an unusual short story about meeting the Devil and having a grand old time.

Elle ne se plaignit en aucune façon de la mauvaise réputation dont elle jouit dans toutes les parties du monde, m'assura qu'elle était, elle-même, la personne la plus intéressée à la destruction de la superstition, et m'avoua qu'elle n'avait eu peur, relativement à son propre pouvoir, qu'une seule fois, c'était le jour où elle avait entendu un prédicateur, plus subtil que ses confrères, s'écrier en chaire:

«Mes chers frères, n'oubliez jamais, quand vous entendrez vanter le progrès des lumières, que la plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas!»

He did not complain in any way about the bad reputation he enjoyed all over the world, assured me that he himself was the person the most interested in the destruction of superstition, and admitted to me that he had only been afraid for his own power one time, and that was the day when he had heard a preacher, more subtle than his colleagues, shout out from the pulpit:

“My dear brothers, never forget, when you hear the progress of enlightenment vaunted, that the devil's best trick is to persuade you that he doesn't exist!”

“Le Joueur généreux,” pub. February 7, 1864; translation by Cat Nilan, 1999¹ (emphasis mine)

sinnnn
    Participant

Ooh I hate OCD.  It drives me insane.  I'll be thinking bout did I do this or that, I know I did it, but I just don't remember doing it.  Then I'll make who ever is with me drive me all the way back home to fix whatever it was that needed fixing.  100% of the time it never needed fixing.  Or I can't sleep at night because I know something is off, just don't know what it is, so I'll walk round the house at night to make sure everything is in its place.  I'm not the neatest person in the world but somethings will drive me batty if its not done a certain way.  Its annoying.  Just like trying to remember a name or title of something, I have to find out.  (rolling my eyes). : :-X

bufftee22
    Participant

Sinnn is Correct it was The Usual Suspects..its now your turn

Bear
    Participant

Interesting source mikki, know I had heard it many times before in general conversations,…, one of those quotes people throw out never knowing the origin.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.