Skip to content
- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Quizz, Fav TV, Fav Music, Fav Films, Books… Forum Game. Riddle: brain teaser

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 411 total)
  • Author
    Lover
    Participant

Yes Tango, though your riddle is good we first have to solve Dustin's…

Dustin, sometimes you fight fire with fire… perhpas he lights a fire close to the opposite end of the island.

tangoracer
    Participant

Sorry Dustin YEAH lets do your one first Will go back and look at it 

tangoracer
    Participant

I got other one.

Alexander is stranded on an island covered in forest.

One day, when the wind is blowing from the west, lightning strikes the west end of the island and sets fire to the forest. The fire is very violent, burning everything in its path, and without intervention the fire will burn the whole island, killing the man in the process.

There are cliffs around the island, so he cannot jump off.

How can the Alexander survive the fire? (There are no buckets or any other means to put out the fire)

Alexander was stand farther west on the Island from when the lightning strikes and just watches the fire burn away from him.

or the rain from the storm puts out the fire

Kingdustin
    Participant

Lol you guys are fun to tease its quite alright honestly.

I got other one.

Alexander is stranded on an island covered in forest.

One day, when the wind is blowing from the west, lightning strikes the west end of the island and sets fire to the forest. The fire is very violent, burning everything in its path, and without intervention the fire will burn the whole island, killing the man in the process.

There are cliffs around the island, so he cannot jump off.

How can the Alexander survive the fire? (There are no buckets or any other means to put out the fire)

Lover
    Participant

its quite alright honestly.

So.. are we right or are we wrong? You added the same riddle…

dion
    Participant

OK…1 more try…
    The riddle doesnt say anything about a storm…but only about  a windy day.
    So how does the lightning apear? (sorry about my english…)

Kingdustin
    Participant

No love no one has gotten the answer yet. but i you were on right path.

Dustin, sometimes you fight fire with fire… perhpas he lights a fire close to the opposite end of the island.

dion there is not rain please read the riddle carefully. there dose not need to be rain to have lighting or storm.

Lover
    Participant

You light a fire at the east end to fight the fire coming from the west. Though.. there might be lot of smoke, i'm not sure if he really would survive that (in real, most people don't die bc of the fire but bc of the smoke).

hentaiboy69
    Participant

well….there are hills around the island, so we can presume there are caves too…..he can hide there till the fire die, burning all the forest!

Kingdustin
    Participant

Alexander picks up a piece of wood and lights it from the fire on the west end of the island.

He then quickly carries it near the east end of the island and starts a new fire. The wind will cause that fire to burn out the eastern end and he can then shelter in the burnt area.

Alexander survives the fire, but dies of starvation, with all the food in the forest burnt….lolzzz

Lover was the closest, so he wins.

Lover
    Participant

You've been sentenced to death in an obscure foreign country which has a strange law. Before the sentence is carried out, two papers — one with “LIFE” written on it and one with “DEATH” written on it — are folded up and placed in a hat. You are permitted to pick out one of the papers (without looking), and if you choose the one with “LIFE” written on it, you are set free. Otherwise, the death sentence is carried out. On this occasion, a mean-spirited acquaintance of yours, bent on your demise, has substituted the paper with “LIFE” written on it with another one with “DEATH” written on it. This person gleefully informs you of what he has done and that you are doomed to die. You are not permitted to speak to anyone about this misdeed, nor will you have a chance to switch the papers or the hat yourself in time. How will you avoid certain death?

Kingdustin
    Participant

as you reach in to get paper ask guard to reach in and grap the other one opening  both at the same time. The guard seeing that there are two deaths now knows there is a mistake and fixes it. give you 50/50 chance again.

dion
    Participant

Well….I think there is and another way…Close to what dustin say..
    When i pick up one of the two papers …I keep it tight in my hand  and before i open it , i will ask the guard to open the other one in the hat to show me what i ….missed   

Lover
    Participant

You're both on the right path. Dion you almost solved it.

Hint: If you just keep one piece of paper in your hand, the guard will say “Open your hand and look at the paper”. What can you do to force him to open the one in the box?

dion
    Participant

Hmmmmm…I dont know…
    Mabe eat the paper i picked…

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.