Skip to content

In-Game Screenshots not always working.

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Slip of the pen (Report bugs) In-Game Screenshots not always working.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tift
    Participant

In-Game Screenshots not always working.

Achat is being glitchy in allowing the use of screenshots
    across all of the cities.

One day it will work fine, the next, when you most want one it refuses to work and I have found
    this year it is working less and less.

Much like Summer which should be renamed Glitch, for after a short visit it will
    seize up and force me to end the task.

Does anyone know why the screenshots are acting up ?
    Is it operator error ? It used to work fine on my desktop but with my new lappie it does not.

Any ideas on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Zuzannah
    Participant

Never had this prob. 

But

Is your laptop up to date ?  By that I mean Windows and your Graphics driver ?

I've just tried it and on my end it is working…  I press the icon and a command prompt box flickers on and off and then File Explorer appears showing where the screenshot is on the hard drive.

Are the screenshots there on your laptop ?  Worth just having a looksie.

And I know what you mean about Summer.  When I exit to lobby the background pictures are just white.

Tift
    Participant

Yes my lappie is a new Dell XPS 17 9700
    Windows 10 and all the graphics

I got some shots in winter today .. the screenshots folder appears at the time
    and shows the new photo .. other times the folder opens but no photo

It is very hit and miss affair and think there must be some conflict but
    no idea what to do (I have uninstalled and re-downloaded achat with the
    same result)

Any ideas ?

Corina_33
    Participant

Click in my computer…pictures…left side..

Vaughan

I have never used Achats screen shots as the screen shot folder kept going missing and i could never find the pics after.

I have used this free programme for some time now with no issues and make my own folders.

For taking images – Lightshot http://app.prntscr.com/en/download.html

Hope this helps.

jayc
    Participant

Another good program for screen shots is bandicam  https://www.bandicam.com/

the free version lets you record 10 minutes of video or take  screen shots.
    super easy to use and install. what I like is the ability to take screen shots from the video you just made.

Corina_33
    Participant

You just have to take a picture and that folder will open … after which you can make a shortcut on the desktop and call it screenshots .

Tift
    Participant

Thanks both, I shall give them a try

I currently have the screenshots folder pinned in the Quick Access folder
    but it's hit or miss whether the screenshot is taken  the vagaries of achat 

Zuzannah
    Participant

Whether it's a new laptop or not.  Still needs updating if and when there is any.

I had one a few days ago.  Took bloody ages. 

If anyone can't find their pics they are here :-

Windows/Users/Yournamehere/Appdata/Local/Achat/Screenshots

Windows default hides the Appdata folder.

Unhide :-

Open file explorer.

Select View and then options.  (Far right)

View Tab opens and select View tab.

Find hidden files and folders and select Show hidden folders and drives.

Hit apply and then ok.

Sorry if stating something that everyone knows already. 

JessiCapri
    Participant

Another good program for screen shots is bandicam  https://www.bandicam.com/

the free version lets you record 10 minutes of video or take  screen shots.
    super easy to use and install. what I like is the ability to take screen shots from the video you just made.

I also use Lightshot like Vaughan does and works perfectly.  I can save the pic where ever I direct it.  However, Jayc, 10 minutes of video sounds awesome.  Perfect to record many things.  LOL  Thanks for the suggestion!!

Vaughan

@ Zuzannah Nice directions. @ Corina_33 Great solution.

Those who don’t know how to find that elusive Achat screenshot folder – try this

To create a short cut to your achat screen shots folder –

1. Open up Achat Game & take a screen shot using your game camera (Camera icon, bottom right). This will open your Achat Screen shots folder.
    2. On the folder browser bar at the top, above the pics, right click on screen shots and from the drop down menu click on “Copy address as text”
    3. Then Right click on a spare space on your desk top – choose “New” ; then choose “Shortcut”
    4. A pop up box appears to create your short cut.
    5. Paste (ctrl+V) the “address” into the “location of item” box – it should look something like this
    C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\AChat\Screenshots
    6. Click next to finish the shortcut. Then Give the new short cut a name like “Achat Screenshots”
    7. Click finish to complete the short cut and a new icon folder will appear on your desk top.

8. If you wish to, you can drag it into the same folder that hides your Achat Game.
    9. If you wish to create a folder to store the Achat game and screen shot folder –
    From step 3 above choose “New”, then choose “Folder” and a Folder will appear on your desk top.
    Name it as you wish and drag your games & screen shots folder into it that you do not wish to be on open display on your desk top.

Happy Achat Pics.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.