Skip to content

SHIBARI

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Fantasies and Fetishes SHIBARI

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Corina_33
    Participant

Pfooooaa..

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

JessiCapri
    Participant

KathyBee
    Participant

I’m really glad that most of the images here are of shibari with the forum thread title, and not kinbaku.

I find that North Americans use the term shibari frequently, and incorrectly, when referring to the more sexualized form of rope binding that is properly called kinbaku. In formal shibari, the one who is bound is rarely, if ever, touched by spectators. The simplest way to explain difference between the two terms is that shibari is purely for aesthetics, while kinbaku usually involves sexual engagement as well.

And if you’ve never tried it, and are interested, there are lots of very good rope masters (often called kinbakushi) in most major cities who have been well trained. If you ever get a chance to see the work done by the late Akira Naka, I highly recommend it. Pure artistry.

Also highly recommend trying it. 😉

JessiCapri
    Participant

@KathyBee I agree completely. I am a fan of the art which is why I started the thread and continue to post it here. Being from North America I need to disagree. I think the misunderstanding of shibari is a universal ignorance on level with those who do not understand BDSM.

I am glad you appreciate the thread. Thank you for your commentary. Feel free to add to the thread by sharing pics of the shibari you admire.

Edited to add a PS. An Ex of mine was from Singapore and had studied it which is how I was first introduced to it. Perhaps you could post comparison pics to explain to those who may be just learning of this art form.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.