Skip to content

The Think Tank

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas The Think Tank

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Covems
    Participant

This is a rather lengthy post… I know people don't want to take 20 minutes to read one post, but if you want to know how YOUR forum has been working read on…

Don't lose hope my friends, we have gotten a lot from your energy in the forum.  I did a little research and went through the entire “Share your creative ideas …that could be implemented in AChat” topic (I know… I have too much time on my hands) and here is what I've come up with:

There have been 277 unique suggestions made concerning everything from body styles to background music to poses and everything in between.  From those 277 suggestions 114 have been implemented.  That is 41%.  I don't know how long the forum has been here, as the earliest post I can find is by Tom on March 18, 2009, but to get 41% implementation is extraordinary.  Now, we all know some of the updates were already in the works before the suggestion was made but I still think it's great.

If I was on the Dev-Team and was looking through the forum for suggestions, the “Share your creative ideas…that could be implemented in AChat” category would be the only category that I would read.  It is the only one that has the wording “Discussions about AChat” as its category sub title, so that is where I would look for ideas and suggestions… and I would only read the “[IDEAS] For your Favorite _____” (fill in the blank).  I mean, as a Dev-Team member, I got code to write, I don't have time to read the entire forum.  The rest of the forum would be for you people to play in to your heart's content.

One of the problems I saw for the Dev-Team was wading through all the posts to find the suggestions.  I know this is a sore spot for some, I read the Forum Etiquette 101 topic, but put yourself in the Dev-Team's place.  They're using the Forum as a “Think Tank” (great term TightFit) to get ideas that members want, but they had to go through page after page of who was going to do what to whom and why, and post after post of “I really like this, too”, until they found something useful.  So whoever came up with pinning the [IDEAS] For your Favorite ______ (fill in the blank) hit one out of the park.

As of this writing there are 594 Topics and 19,136 posts in the “Share your creative ideas” category and out of that 277 posts are unique suggestions and 208 posts are repeated suggestions (the suggestion had already been made).  That leaves over 18,500 posts that were meaningless to the Dev-Team.  So I think it's remarkable what they have been willing to do to get the ideas from the “Think Tank” that is the forum.

I got this from the Announcements category under Client Upgrades:  38 updates from March 18, 2009 until March 8, 2010.  That is just 10 days short of a full year.  These updates included many things that were asked for, and some of them included multiple updates with poses and clothing.  I don't know how the forum was set up earlier, but it looks like things got moved around, so I cannot find much information to other updates.

Another thing I don't know is when the updates changed from being once a week to twice a week.  In the short amount of time since I've been a member (since mid-March 2012) there has been 33 updatesThink about thatYou have gone from 38 updates in a year to 33 updates in a little over 3 months.  Sure, some of them have been lame, but most of them (at least since I've been here) have been spectacular, such as the member clothing shop releases, which was first suggested by Tom in January, 2012 and Keiko's fashions went on sale in May.  Only 5 months from being an idea to implementation (that is fast).  The “Against the Wall” pose is another one.  Heck, Ms. Pafe asked for bunny ears and got them in a couple of weeks.

Also, while going through the “Share your creative ideas category“, I made note of the suggestions for improving the forum.  Here are the numbers for that:  20 suggestions, with 8 implementations and 2 repeated suggestions… again, that's 40%, which is pretty darned good, if you ask me.

So take heart fellow board junkies… your hard work here has paid off handsomely and I for one would like to thank everyone who has ever posted for their efforts to make AChat a better experience for everyone.  And I would especially like to thank the Dev-Team for all their hard work in making our dreams come true.

Covems

Brandybee
    Participant

BRAVO Covems for figuring all that stuff out and putting it in perspective, Thank you to you, and a great Thank you to the Achat Gods and every member who tries so hard to make Forum and the game work and improve. I think pats on the back all round and get the beer and champayne out 🙂

Adera
    Participant

Great work Covems, this really puts things into perspective. 🙂

Bear
    Participant

A marvelous job of digging out those stastics… I must applaud the amount of time and effort you put into this.

Rukya
    Participant

thats a great job , but these statistic must count to the events of the moment too

😉 . for exemple , pafe’s asking for bunnys ears . it was asked few time before Paques ( in french ) . so it was logic to have something like bunnys for this time and then , so fast after they was asked .

but i tell it again , you done a great work . Even better than when i have count all peoples in achat and compare the different sexual orientations 😉

Lover
    Participant

Covems, you put some facts into the right light. Just a question: You write about OUR forum – it is OUR forum and YOU are part of it! It’s not important for how long you are here or how much posts you did.

We had to wait long time until our voice was listened to. We had to repeat our questions and ideas again and again until the A-Team recognized the big effort.I don’t blame them for it – I’m glad they have learned and accept our suggestions now.
    It was a hard way but it was worth it.

Though I see some topics bit different. Sometimes you need some topics to fool around, to collect “silly” ideas which lead into great improvements. Though I (and the other mods too) agree that this forum has grown and is bit confusing. We offered a solution and hope this is acceptable for the A-Team. We’ll see.

Now let’s work and hope to increase the implemented suggestions to 50% – to begin with 😉

Janine Dee
    Participant

I just have to add to the thanks for Covems for gathering the data to give us all a refreshed perspective on the Forum.

Vaughan

Bump. An interesting read and its nice to know Achat do read, listen and try and do implement our ideas where possible.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.