Skip to content

Time for a few changes

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas Time for a few changes

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Momma_andrea
    Participant

Kettle!

Jaynie
    Participant

… I see a lot of people have much to say, just nothing productive or intelligent

Ohhh..  Kind of like how this whole thread was started  with nothing productive or intelligent to say what so ever.   Good job Ice.. *pats you on top of the head* 

icebox
    Participant

… I see a lot of people have much to say, just nothing productive or intelligent

Ohhh..  Kind of like how this whole thread was started  with nothing productive or intelligent to say what so ever.   Good job Ice.. *pats you on top of the head* 

crying_baby-1680x1050.jpg

icebox is so mean to all….

FoxyRoxxy
    Participant

ROFL

You all make me laugh 

if I am in the bath room taking a S*** I don't need paper  I just come  use this topic  lol 

ItsAmy123
    Participant

Ms. FoxyRoxxy, you have me actually rolling on the floor and laughing over here.

On a more serious note though:

Covems
    Participant

if I am in the bath room taking a S*** I don't need paper  I just come  use this topic   lol 

TMI !!!  TMI !!!  TMI !!!

FoxyRoxxy
    Participant

maybe you want to give me a hand coves  hahaha

you are right Amy  we should be  kind   

see  coves I need a hand    rofl

maron211177
    Participant

Open Letter to all Achat Forum members

To bring some life, fun and movement into forum, the moderators of AchatTownSquare decided to perform a Meet&Greet Game, which has been a constant and valued part in forum before, executed by Square, advertised in Achat Forum.

On 06th March 2016 the draw of the MeetingPlace DatingGame 2016 took place, carried out and organized by Tangoracer and Jingerbird, moderators of AchatTownSquare, drawn couples have been posted shortly after.

As the odds would have it, one pairing in particular turned out to be a bit of a challenge for a fellow forum member, cause of private history.

Not comfortable with this pairing and in fear of jeopardizing his current relationship, said member made the decision to withdraw from the game and informed Tangoracer and Jingerbird, directors of the dating game about it.

Pros and Cons as well as possible solutions had been brought up and after some time and a very, admittedly, emotional discussion both parties came to the conclusion that the decision can be accepted.

Mentioned member posted his withdrawal in destined thread, the director of the game took the liberty to post his stand in for the now disengaged spot, so no one had to feel left out and every participant could have a pleasant date.

The issue was solved in private, none of the involved persons expected any further complications, the game could be executed as planned.

As it seems there was one person though, who wasn’t satisfied with this decision.

The post, couples and withdrawal presented in the forum thread for quite some time now, didn´t satisfy the spouse and forum mod of above mentioned member.

Said spouse, took it upon herself to delete the withdrawal and stand in post, modified the couples in adding a user who neither signed up in first place nor gave her agreement or permission to do so, and this without consulting the directors of the game.

The directors, the member and I, in the position as square moderator, couldn’t understand the changes been made and called for an urgent meeting, for two reasons ….

1. In our opinion the decision to change the post and bring someone in who isn’t even aware of it and didn’t sign up for the game at all, was made overhasty and in very emotional state of mind since the issue regarded not any member but her spouse.

2. To save the credibility of square, which is organizer of a lot of competition/events and therefor depends on the intact condition of integrity, games shouldn’t be changed like this.

Again, discussions have been led, Pros and cons weight out and as executing organizers, the directors and Square mods came to the conclusion to change the modified post back to its former state, to uphold credibility for any upcoming events.

This action although induced a dispute between Square mods and the Forum mod.
    Jingerbird, who had entered the game as well, made a personal decision to step back as a director and participant in the game.

After a very emotional argument, the forum mod refused to talk about the issue any longer and sent a very patronizing pm to all forum mods to vent her anger.

Of course this is an understandable action, when feelings and pride are involved, but it doesn’t justify the way involved people have been addressed in it.

Over the next couple of days the tension between all parties grew, she declined the request for a talk to sort things out over and over again.

One forum moderator tried everything in his power to make a meeting between square and forum mods possible, but with no success and no feedback of the remaining two forum mods.

Days went by without any response or comment.

On 17th March the square mods contacted the Head of forum mods with an official request for an urgent meeting to present their point of view and to settle this issue once and for all because it was in our opinion very important to keep the collaboration between Square and Forum faultless.

To date, this meeting never took place.

As apprehended, the changes and modifications didn’t stay unnoticed and got questioned by other participants of the game who followed the thread constantly. Also a former participant got repeatedly called out referring to her withdrawal.

On 29th March this led to a follow-up thread in forum where another member dared to state his opinion and question the actions and reliability of forum moderators.

At that time, I still had the belief that every member has the right to state a personal opinion and an efficient discussion to improve forum, to propose suggestion would be appreciated in this community.

But I got taught better.

Instead of using this opportunity to share personal opinions and thoughts, to lead a mature discussion as the adults we all should be, the first reply already turned the thread in the direction of a personal vendetta against the author.

I don’t see the gain in stating a personal point of view in an aggressive way, instead of just sharing positive experiences and showing your unconditional support for the forum mods in a chorus of praise e.g. but to vent your anger on one person, who is in that case actually just a pawn sacrifice.

So much for maturity – sexual maturity doesn’t equal mental maturity as it seems.

For some this still might not make a lot of sense why this topic got out of hand or why this happening drove a wedge between square mods / forum mods and former “friends”.

Therefore I would like to lead the main focus back to objectiveness and neutrality and also to the question if there is the possibility that power can corrupt.

This forum never had a problem with judging and exposing others to the public community as former events have shown.
    So I will take the same liberty and narrate the events which took place behind the curtain.

Personally I don’t care how anyone plays this game, everyone is here for different reasons, should make the best out of it and gain as much fun as possible. I couldn’t care less how many avatars one person needs to gain this fun factor on Achat.

But when it comes to the possible chance that this could be used as an advantage in forum and certain competitions, this possibility can put a few things into question named integrity and credibility.

To cut a long story short, a few square mods discovered that some members of square and forum shared the same IP address.
    In plain words they are the SAME person.
    This fact might seem unimportant to some but former events couldn’t stay unspoken any longer as one of them also happens to be a forum mod.

I´m aware that not all of us share the same knowledge how this works and what could possibly be a simple explanation, or that we share the same opinion on the word unique and coincidence.

I, for my part, couldn’t find the answer to why this coincidence was only a recurring event for the same members and for them only for quite some time.

A coincidence also doesn’t terminate the fact that it still is a matter of concern which should have been discussed, but instead it was not just declined, it was dismissed as hilarious and clearly out of our pay grade.

Offense is the best Defense : 🙂

Now everyone can build their own opinion about me, my fellow square mods and the forum mods.
    Some might have a better insight now, some might share our concerns, some might not care at all or hold on to their opinion there is no need for changes and even share the opinion of the forum mods that it actually doesn’t matter at all.

This open letter was neither written in anger nor rage, but as a matter what is near to my heart.

The Square and its moderators gave their best to enrich this community with fun and entertainment and will still try everything in their power to do so in the future.

I for myself though, will listen to the advice of some people to “shut the fuck up” and jump Martins train leaving for fun town, there are enough people around who will keep you all entertained 😀

As I´m no big fan of “farewell” posts, I will take this as my opportunity to say my goodbyes.
    m/ ROCK ON BITCHES m/ …..it was a hell of a ride, thank you 😀

XOXOXO Maron

Lover
    Participant

Before I forget, goodbye maron, it was nice to have met you

We decided not to post in this hilarious thread, cause it was full of funny, but wrong accuses. We don't have to ask wyh we are attacked and we don't have to respond to some untrue facts.

Though now I want to answer to some of your statements, cause it's easy to see that all you want to do is bringing troubles, packed in nice and oh so caring words.

True is, there has been a disput between a forum mod and mods of square about what you are saying. In the end of this discussion, the forum mod decided to let you do as you think it's best to do. Every arguments have been said, a decision has been made, so there was no more reason to talk about.

One forum moderator tried everything in his power to make a meeting between square and forum mods possible, but with no success and no feedback of the remaining two forum mods.

This is wrong. There never was a talk between us forum mods about this at this time.

On 17th March the square mods contacted the Head of forum mods…

Do you see the mistake? There is no head of mods, we're all equal. But maybe you don't spend much time here, so you don't know this. True is, I have got a pm, where I was asked if we can talk about this discussion. I think this is what you're talking about.

To date, this meeting never took place.

This is true. But you “forgot” to mention the reason. I have agreed to a meeting and also said, that at the moment I'm very busy at work and cannot say when we have time to do this. In the following weeks I have been twice in square, but none of the square mods has been there.

At that time, I still had the belief that every member has the right to state a personal opinion and an efficient discussion to improve forum, to propose suggestion would be appreciated in this community.

This is so hilarious  Everyone can read the posts and build his own mind.

But when it comes to the possible chance that this could be used as an advantage in forum and certain competitions, this possibility can put a few things into question named integrity and credibility.

This is even more ridicolous. To avoid such thoughts, the directors of any competitions aren't allowed to join. This is a rule we mods have made. It was our own choice.

To cut a long story short, a few square mods discovered that some members of square and forum shared the same IP address.
    In plain words they are the SAME person.

In plain words, your conclusion is wrong. Let me help you… there is a website called Google, which can be used to search for everything. A simple check and you would know, it IS possible that 2 or more people get the same IP. The fact you're mentioning this here and now shall tell us what? By the way, very interesting that you obviously know the IP of square visitor and that you're using this knowledge to attack and to blackmail people. Hm, what did you say about integrity and credibility?

There is more that you forgot to mention. ok, happens.. just good I'm here to remind you. You (the square mods)  have asked for a meeting. This is true and I already confirmed this. This meeting didn't happen, this also I have confirmed and stated the reason. On Aprill 11, once more the forum mods have agreed to a meeting and asked you to suggest date and time. On April 15, we have sent another pm, asking again about the meeting. Until today, we didn't get an answer.

Maybe you don't see it, but there is a little group which isn't happy about… what? One mod, two mods, all mods? All the other either aren't interested who is mod or say, they are ok. Some members just are bored or tired by the silly attacks.

This topic will be locked for the next 24 hours.

TomH
    Participant

I read with interest a topic, actually an answer to a note written by Lover in the topic that I partisipate in, “Time for a few changes”. And now this new topic is gone and the original topic is locked for comments. What strikes me is that it is a topic that is questioning the moderators of this forum, and that it simply looks as critisism is not tolerated and simply being censored. Oh my!

Brandybee
    Participant

If a topic is against TOS or detrimental to forum or members, then its removed and the author contacted to explain why.

Maybe thats whats happened in the case you are referring.

Nice to see you again Tom.  I do hope you join in more.

TomH
    Participant

I see. Thank you for your explanation. I am happy to be able to bring my 5 cents to the discussions.
    I am confused though by the locking of the named topic and the disappearens of the second. A bit too much of silencing if I may say so.

icebox
    Participant

I wonder why my first thread was locked and why another member´s thread with similar content got deleted 3 times now?!

… any opinion on that fellow forum members?

Tonyg
    Participant

I think i can spare my 5 cents too in this topic and ask the mods why they have to lock a whole thread and keep deleting another one with a similar content calling on the TOS, and dont just moderate the exact part of the given post as they usually do.
    I'm sure the whole post wasn't against the TOS.

Jaynie
    Participant

I read with interest a topic, actually an answer to a note written by Lover in the topic that I partisipate in, “Time for a few changes”. And now this new topic is gone and the original topic is locked for comments. What strikes me is that it is a topic that is questioning the moderators of this forum, and that it simply looks as critisism is not tolerated and simply being moderated. Oh my!

A participant in the original thread posted a 'final comment' .. then said their goodbyes to Achat along with a statement that they were going to take the advice of some friends and 'shut the fuck up”.  Lover replied.. acknowledged the post.. and then closed the topic for a 24 hour period.  I know my opinion is only worth 2 cents and not 5 cents like others.. but I take that to mean that no posts regarding the topic are being permitted for 24 hours and after that.. the thread will reopen.  lol. 

This person who had said their goodbyes and was supposedly going to 'shut the fuck up' (altho it seems that they are only going to take this advice after they are convinced they have the last word).. defiantly started another thread with the EXACT same title as the one that was closed for 24 hours by forum moderators.  Not only did they decide they had the right and authority to overrule and “MODERATE” the forum moderators by opening this thread, but they also pulled and posted quotes from it as well.  Especially quotes and information that is strictly banned by Achat terms of services.  Information and threats to expose another players private data information that this person was entrusted with as a moderator of an affiliated website to this forum.. 

Such an act in my opinion (again.. only my 2 cents worth) is a despicable act.. and is a threat to everyone who plays this game.. and to anyone who has ever logged into the affiliated site.. it is detrimental to this entire community knowing that their private information is in the hands of someone who lacks the moral fortitude to do the right thing.  Such a person not only requires moderation, but their account should be reviewed by Achat Administrators and be banned permanently. 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘Time for a few changes’ is closed to new replies.