Skip to content

TRANSLATIONS OF ACHAT

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Share your creative ideas TRANSLATIONS OF ACHAT

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Lover
    Participant

Now you can get AChat in several languages:
    Dutch, German, Italian, Russian, Turkish

First you have to install the basic AChat client. Then you can download your language update.

It's just possible to use an language. You can't install multiple one and then choose your favourit or change it. But it's no problem to install another one if you want to change one day.

Tight, I looked at the Dutch version – very funny for a German boy

TightFit74
    Participant

@Lover I'll check yours… But it will be less funny for me since I am part German… But I can understand what you mean…

I am glad they are finally there, and with huge contributions from the users themselves… I'd say well done to all!

Lover
    Participant

It will obviously not be funny for you but maybe you know some better terms?

I like the Dutch language and I know some words from  several trips to Center Parcs. It's just, since I heard a joke from Kaya Yanar when he spoke about a Dutch terrorist I have this funny voice in my mind. It's not meant in a bad way.

I found a youtube-video from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKAJ2QpvOWs

Kaya himself is Turkish-German.

TightFit74
    Participant

LMAO! A dutch terrorist… And thanks, now I have that voice in my head too…lol
    I doubt if I know better terms than you. I'm not in Germany often enough to be fluent anymore, but i still understand everything that is said and written. And talking about funny voices… Ever heard a german talk dutch (I know from personal experience, my dad), or for that matter, a dutch talk German?

Lover
    Participant

Sometimes it's an advantage not to know too much – you are more open.

Yes, I heard both ways. Though I can't laugh about the German speaking Dutch. Vice versa. The Dutch laugh when I try to use Dutch words. And they are right

TightFit74
    Participant

You being more open depends on the thread
    And I can see both sides and find them funny. There lies my advantage.
    One of the biggest examples is Rudi Carrell, heavy accent although his german was a lot better than mine.

Lover
    Participant

Rudi's German was a lot better than yours? Oh my god (head shaking)

Rudi was great!

apollo13nut
    Participant

Now if only there was a translator or support to copy and paste Google Translator into the client

TightFit74
    Participant

Pass auf! His pronounciation wasn't great, mine is better there. But his vocabulary was better than mine is…

Lover
    Participant

Now if only there was a translator or support to copy and paste Google Translator into the client

Copy and paste is possible again!

Tight, you said the most used worrds in German in a talk between arguing people: Pass auf

TightFit74
    Participant

Tight, you said the most used worrds in German in a talk between arguing people: Pass auf

@Lover Are you suggesting we are arguing? I wasn't aware of that Btw, I deserved that joke about Rudi…

Lover
    Participant

No Tight, we both are not arguing We are taking care for the Dutch-German friendship! Most of the time

TightFit74
    Participant

And may they become stronger every day. I am very glad to have seen that relationship change in the past 30 years. Makes me proud to be a beer and sausage loving cheesehead

Lover
    Participant

LOL. And I'm a Kraut lovin cheese

Adera
    Participant

Blue cheese tastes good.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.