Skip to content

Update problem. Update Failed! Your internet connection doesn’t seem to work!

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Got any problems running AChat? Update problem. Update Failed! Your internet connection doesn’t seem to work!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Brandybee
    Participant

YAYYYYYY. Another problem solved. Glad it worked.

2 to mrsexlover

;D Big Hug.

I am going to merge these two topics as essentially they are the same problem.

mrsexlover
    Participant

Thanks for the hug Brandy, you know i like them ;D

Onyx_Stone
    Participant

I actually managed to get 4 of the previous updates downloaded once randomly and for that day everything worked fine.

Only thing I can of now is my Internet service provider… Only thing changed.

Updates used to be fine but now it’s randomly updating maybe once every 2 weeks. Connection is better than before but it’s still not letting me.

Little stuck… :/

olivia205
    Participant

everytime i load the launcher it goes through a update but it stops and says update failed please restart the program, but ive done that and reinstalled the program 30 times any other ideas for this?

Brandybee
    Participant

Have you tried  mrsexlovers advice

He advised in another topic ….

I have the same thing happening to me, as i use McAfee and normally have my Realtime Scanning on, that is causing the problem, so when ever i get a message upgrade failed i close down Achat again.

Then i got to McAfee turn the Realtime scanning off and not closing that screen i start up Achat. Now it upgrades just fine and as soon as the update is done and the program starts i turn my Realtime Scanning back on.

Then everything is just fine and all works.

I hope this helps you

Hello both of you welcome to Forum       Please read Mrsexlovers  advice above.  It has worked for others. Hopefully it will for you too.
    Please let us know how you get on.

Good Luck.

hentaiboy69
    Participant

AAARGH! this is the “stone” invasion!  😮

kidding apart….welcome to both!

Onyx_Stone
    Participant

Thank you for your welcome and advice Brandybee but as i’ve mentioned in previous posts I’ve disabled my antivirus and firewall before trying to download an update.

From what I’ve seen on the AVG forums… the free version doesn’t have realtime scanning (I’m using the free edition).

I have had the antivirus for a while with no changes made to it and it was fine before.

Just feels like I’m going in circles now 🙁

Lover
    Participant

There doesn't have to be realtime scanning, perhaps it's blocked in general. Ok, you said you disbaled it…
    Hve you done a completely restart of your computer? If so, remove AChat completely, download and install again.

Onyx_Stone
    Participant

Well. Last week it actually ran whilst everything was turned on and added 4 updates, as far as I can tell it’s nothing to do with anti virus. I’ve removed and installed twice (which I mentioned before) and restarted.

Thank you for your patience with me 🙂

hentaiboy69
    Participant

Onyx, did you had removed the folder where AChat was installed!!? usually something remain and it can make your AChat not solving your problem after you reinstall it

Lover
    Participant

You're welcome Onyx, we're all patient and want to help…
    If you have people on your ignore list, save this file in another folder before removing AChat folder. After installing move it back.

Onyx_Stone
    Participant

Yeah, I made sure to. I only started posting on here after I'd looked through all that I could find with the issue, removed all folders when I did.

Lover
    Participant

Hm Onyx, it's really a problem. Is flash working on your system? Do you have other games or programs running simultaneously?

Onyx_Stone
    Participant

Internet Explorer and Skype plug in

I opened internet explorer randomly and I had the option to disable a Skype plug in…
    since I’ve done that it’s worked fine.

Thanks for everyone’s help and patience 🙂 🙂

Brandybee
    Participant

Thanks Onyx_Stone for letting us know how your problem was solved. Hopefully it will also help other members who may experience similar problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.