Skip to content

Can’t load a profile picture.

- Not logged in to forum -

Home Forums Slip of the pen (Report bugs) Can’t load a profile picture.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    smutpix
    Participant

Take Picture doesn’t work (AChat running on Linux/WINE)

I am new to AChat. I wanted to report most features work quite well on Linux when running under WINE. I have noticed however that “Take Picture” doesn’t do anything when I am trying to use the “Customize yourself” option. It just gives a BLACK square. Is there an option to override this somehow? I am assuming that it captures a snap of the Avatar and makes a thumbnail out of it.

There is a large “personal” folder under /Local Settings/Application Data/AChat/personal/downloaded that contains thumbnails of other users. Is there anything in there that refers to the current user that I can modify or update manually, to allow my profile to have anything other than a black square appear?

Any help would be appreciated. I know Linux is not an officially supported platform for AChat but it may be worth exploring.

sexibarbie
    Participant

With this way payment policy,and the attitude towards users you developers will soon have to play this game yourself.

Vaughan

Hey sexibarbie,

Welcome to Forum. Hope you stay around and join in some other topics.

Whatever the issue was back in 2018, the issue with the profile pics was resolved and players refunded.

The pic upload is now working to display a personal pic in the game. It has to be a pic saved as a JPG image. Other formats wont work.

Here’s the instructions to do it for those interested.

You can change your profile pic in the game, if you have paid Achat to play at least once.

Here's how you do it. Save the pic you want to your computer in a folder or place you can easily find. Save the pic as JPG as other formats wont work

Go to the  Achat Web shop  here –    https://funnyadultgamesplay.com/shop/</

Log in the shop by using the same name and password as in the game  (For forum you have to register separately, not sure why, you just do)

Under “Gallery”  one of the headers at the top of the page & by your  “Welcome —- name— ” is a smaller print “Show profile”
    Click on this. It will take you to game profile page”

Look on the right  under the “Upgrade & Buy A$” button,  you will see   
    Account management ; Password change ; Recent purchases ;

Character picture upload.
    Click on  Character picture upload and it will take you to the  Character picture upload page.

To be eligible to upload a pic  you must have all these 3 boxes ticked like this

wggid6F.jpg

If any are given a red x, you cannot load your personal profile pic. If you have them all ticked,  tick the white box to say your pic is acceptable to upload.

The cost to upload a pic is 99A$ which will be taken from your account.

Follow the instructions to upload your pic and select it as your pic in the game.

You can repeat this process to keep a choice of pics to display. 

Here are two “couples” pics for ideas but you can use a screen shot of yourself or with a partner in the game too.

Vaughan

If you meet all the criteria for uploading pics…

1. Are trying to upload a JPG pic. No other formats work.
    2. Have paid with real money, at least once, for Achat, not with A$ game money.
    3. Have a valid, current subscription. This means you are a current premium user.
    4. Have enough A$ in your account (A pic upload cost 99A$)

Then you should be able to upload a pic.

If this is still not working, try using a different browser.

If this still doesn’t work, then report the matter to Achat “Support” on top menu bar.

For those not familiar with how do upload a pic, there are full instructions here…

Topics » Quick-Start Guides » How do I replace my avatar pic with real photo or internet pic ?

How do I replace my avatar pic with real photo or internet pic ?

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Optimizing new Forum... Try it, and report bugs to support.